What's the end goal for Mautic?

Question to the Mautic developers. What’s the end goal for Mautic?

Do you envision Mautic as an Infusionsoft killer or is the goal to concentrate more on marketing automation and target Marketo and Hubspot type functionality?

I ask because I’ve been following the project since almost the beginning (Great job by the way!) and now that Mautic is growing in popularity, I see an increasing number of requests from users asking for more CRM and ecommerce features that would tend to move Mautic more toward Infusionsoft as a one stop small business marketing, CRM, and ecommerce solution.

However, I get the impression from Mautic that the goal is to concentrate on marketing automation and only provide integrations for other functionality like CRM, etc. I know this is a must in the beginning as you build out basic marketing automation and other features but is this also the end goal as well?

I would love to hear from the development team on what their priorities and/or preferences are. While I have my preference, there is no right or wrong here, just like to know what the plan is.

I think it would be useful to hear from the community on this too.

Question to the Mautic developers. What’s the end goal for Mautic?

Do you envision Mautic as an Infusionsoft killer or is the goal to concentrate more on marketing automation and target Marketo and Hubspot type functionality?

I ask because I’ve been following the project since almost the beginning (Great job by the way!) and now that Mautic is growing in popularity, I see an increasing number of requests from users asking for more CRM and ecommerce features that would tend to move Mautic more toward Infusionsoft as a one stop small business marketing, CRM, and ecommerce solution.

However, I get the impression from Mautic that the goal is to concentrate on marketing automation and only provide integrations for other functionality like CRM, etc. I know this is a must in the beginning as you build out basic marketing automation and other features but is this also the end goal as well?

I would love to hear from the development team on what their priorities and/or preferences are. While I have my preference, there is no right or wrong here, just like to know what the plan is.

I think it would be useful to hear from the community on this too.

Everything about Mautic is perfect for my needs right now with one big exception. I am trying to put together a plugin/system like Memberium. If that happens that would be the holy grail of opensource for the info marketing world and the nail in the coffin for most CRMs. Memberium and InfusionSoft are Amazing, but the price pushes out the small guy and bogs down the big boys.

The end goal of all open source companies is quite often the same:

• maintain an open source version, with just enough functionalities to be adapted by a big crowd
  • try to leverage on free development hours by the community
  • create a premium version and cripple the open source version
  • find investors and sell a big chunk of stock
  • forget about open source

e.g. 7tag, openx, sugar, magento .

You work for Mautic @maartenroelofs ?

@maartenroelofs so i should start an open source company as soon as possible :smiley:

well, tnx for the replies. Mautic is quite decent software, but the future for open source companies always follows the same path.

[quote=17845:@maartenroelofs]The end goal of all open source companies is quite often the same:

• maintain an open source version, with just enough functionalities to be adapted by a big crowd

e.g. 7tag, openx, sugar, magento .[/quote]

@maartenroelofs you’re right about the business model for open source projects. People can only build projects for free for only so long.

I’d still like to know what the Mautic developers goals are for the “just enough functionalities to be adapted by a big crowd”

[quote=17845:@maartenroelofs]The end goal of all open source companies is quite often the same:

e.g. 7tag, openx, sugar, magento .[/quote]

It’s not always like that.

Example: Wordpress or Woocommerce.

Matt would not let this happen to Wordpress.

The problem with this is, that Mautic is targeted at corporations.

I’m afraid you may be right.