Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.0.1
My PHP version is: 8.1
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is: Sending test email return 500 error

I checked the request in the browser console
Request URL:
https://site.url/s/emails/sendExample/30?mauticUserLastActive=102&mauticLastNotificationId=
Request Method:
500 Internal Server Error

These errors are showing in the log: NO

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Please share the log content from your var/logs folder, or from within Mautic in your config > logs.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Did you check that your Email DSN is correctly configured?

What provider were you using before, and what are you using now?

Please share your DSN settings from your Email Settings under Configuration.

everything was working before the upgrade.

It probably was, but this is a breaking change release, being a major release.

This means that many things are fundamentally different, some things are removed, and you need to take actions to make sure all is good after updating.

Please read the blog post announcement:

Also the release notes:

If this is a problem for you, please roll back to your backup, and test in a development area until youā€™ve got your DSN settings up and running as expected.

[2024-01-10 19:51:42] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Error: "Object of class Mautic\EmailBundle\Mailer\Message\MauticMessage could not be converted to string" at /public_html/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Helper/MailHelper.php line 849 {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Object of class Mautic\\EmailBundle\\Mailer\\Message\\MauticMessage could not be converted to string at /public_html/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Helper/MailHelper.php:849)"} {"hostname":"myhost.site","pid":39961}

I used SES, I just discovered it is not configured in version 5 upgrade

Screenshot 2024-01-11 082038
I have added the DSN . The test show it work I receive the test email.

Hi! This is a test email from Mautic. Testingā€¦testingā€¦1ā€¦2ā€¦3!

When I test an email I still got 500

Hi @kanaekwe,
as far as im concerned Mautic 5 does not yet support Amazon SES as an ESP. The plugin for the Amazon SES support is still being worked on.

Im afraid it will take a couple days/weeks until we have the support fully covered and tested.

Best
Leon

1 Like

@Leon_Oltmanns there is no need for a special plugin if you are using SMTP, that works out of the box. With any provider. The special plugin is built for batch API.

@kanaekwe I can see this error comes from the code that is executed only if the mailer_convert_embed_images param is ON. There is probably a bug when sending emails wit embedded images. Try to turn this option off if it helps.

Would you mind filing up a bug issue about this?

Ahh I got that mixed up,
thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

Actually Iā€™ve got 5.0.1 installed with composer, and after settings every thing then doing composer require symfony/amazon-mailer and then doing as the following screen works without error on php8.1. You need to change to your SES region, as eu-west-3 is Paris.

What donā€™t work for now is both symfony mailer direct input in the local.php config file (for easy to input command (find on the internet and then copy & past), and round-robin, failover, every single advanced case, as mautic canā€™t send and corresponding fields are blank if the settings are changed here) and SES mail delivery notification (if it fails, your bounce would not be reported back).

Thanks @escopecz I turned convert embed image OFF and email test is working. I will fill the bug

Hi there,

It is written in the docs that you should not be directly editing the local.php file as you would need to encode the values which most users could not do themselves easily:

Use the Mauticā€™s global configuration to paste in the DSN information, especially the API keys and passwords. The values must be URL-encoded, and the configuration form does that for you. If you are pasting DSN settings directly into the config/local.php file, you must URL-encode the values yourself.

Also itā€™s mentioned in the blog post and further detail on the docs, that Symfony plugins do not provide bounce management / callbacks, which is why you need to use a third party Mautic plugin. The SES one has some work still needing doing - see this conversation in Slack if you can help with that: Slack

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.