Merge tracked Anonymous contact with (untracked) Contact?

When a user signs up to my website, I create a HTTP request to add the user’s name & email to my Mautic Contacts.

I want to do 2 things:

1. Merge the (previously Anonymous) user with the new Contact, so all activities/points of the Anonymous user are now the Contact’s.
  2. Track the website user as the Contact

Every user on my website has a User ID. This ID is saved in a custom field in Mautic (Unique Identifier). Is it possible to use this ID to track the proper user?

Right now I’m doing
Code:
mt('send', 'pageview', {email: 'user email', fingerprint:'md5 hash of user id'});
, but the tracked user is still Anonymous, even though the email defined in mt('send') belongs to a Contact.

When a user signs up to my website, I create a HTTP request to add the user’s name & email to my Mautic Contacts.

I want to do 2 things:

1. Merge the (previously Anonymous) user with the new Contact, so all activities/points of the Anonymous user are now the Contact’s.
  2. Track the website user as the Contact

Every user on my website has a User ID. This ID is saved in a custom field in Mautic (Unique Identifier). Is it possible to use this ID to track the proper user?
Right now I’m doing mt('send', 'pageview', {email: 'user email', fingerprint:'md5 hash of user id'});, but the tracked user is still Anonymous, even though the email defined in mt(‘send’) belongs to a Contact.