Modifying head section per page

Hello

Is there any way to add some code in the head section of landing page using theme?

I accomplished that by simply creating a new theme and modifying head tag in “base.html.php” file. But in this case I would need to create a new theme for each page and it starts to be messy…

It would be nice to have opportunity to modify that per page, like for example page title or meta description. I miss such field for any other head modifications, just to add any source code in the head section.

Or, did I overlooked something? Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Zoran

Hello
Is there any way to add some code in the head section of landing page using theme?
I accomplished that by simply creating a new theme and modifying head tag in “base.html.php” file. But in this case I would need to create a new theme for each page and it starts to be messy…

It would be nice to have opportunity to modify that per page, like for example page title or meta description. I miss such field for any other head modifications, just to add any source code in the head section.

Or, did I overlooked something? Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Zoran

If you need the title and the meta description, it’s there right now:

A theme must be selected. If you use your own HTML (no theme), you can add to the header tag whatever you want.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I know about title and meta description, but I want to add that “wathever I want” in the Theme mode. Maybe my question wasn’t clear. My logical question would be, Could we modify that “Meta Description” tag to “Add some custom code to the header tag” instead. It would be much more useful for me. I believe, there is a reason that there is no default option for that. In that case I would like to ask, if there is a way, I could do that modification for me only. You know, there is a lot of things we sometimes want to add to the head tag, not only meta description.

But even without that it’s ok, mautic rocks! Hope somebody would have some idea about my concern. Thanks!

Zoran

You specifically mentioned title and meta description in your question and that you miss such field.

Maybe, if you could give a real life example for what the feature you suggest could be used for, it would make a difference for some developer to decide to implement it. As I’m aware, even open source content management systems like Joomla and WordPress doesn’t allow to modify header tags from administration.

Hello,

For example, exit popups, some google fonts… Maybe the most important, to develop popup forms, since you can not see any serious marketing website without that. I believe, that is planned in some of the future upgrades, but I want to have it now.

In last days I already get some solutions. The best one is to use just normal html editor, as you suggested me. Now my plan is to make a basis with the theme, and then copy source code of the page and paste in normal html editor to make last details. It is even easier and faster.

Thanks again for communication,

Zoran

PS: I didn’t understand about Joomla and WP, I always can add anything in header tag from admin area in both of them.

Google fonts should be logically a part of the theme as fonts are part of the design, but maybe it’d be nice to have a select box with Google fonts in the Page Builder. But in my experience, when non-designers (like me) have an option to design stuff, the result is very bad.

Popup forms already work on Mautic hosted by mautic.com. I think they’ll release it as a plugin when the marketplace will be ready. Again, when I can say something about it, I hate marketing popups and I’m leaving a page as soon as some marketing popup hides the content. But maybe I’m the only one. I know that conversions goes up with popups.

If you’d develop a permanent solution, feel free to make a pull request so others could use it as well.