Global Header/Footer Email Theme

IDEA: edit your header/footer email theme globally across all emails.

You can edit an email theme however this does does not affect your published emails. If you want your update to be shown on your published emails, you will have to edit each individual email.

I was moving from my old autoresponder to mautic when I came across this issue. I regularly change text and links in my footer email theme however this is impractical in Mautic because I have over 100 published emails.

My old autoresponder has a global header and footer theme that can be used in emails. When you change anything in the header/footer theme it auto updates globally across all emails using that theme (obviously the body of the email is not changed).

Ideas on how you can do this in mautic:

• Work around: What about a Responsive iframe header/footer theme in Mautic that copies the header/footer content from one source page, so that when you change the header/footer in the source page it auto updates across all your mautic email themes? Do you think an iframe work around even possible?

UPDATE: After some googling I found out that this is bad idea because most email clients do NOT display iframes.

• Any plans on adding a feature that Lets you edit the header/footer theme globally across all emails?

For example:

Header - globally editable theme

Body - unique to each email

Footer - globally editable theme

• Any other ideas?

• Is this a feature you would use?

Cheers :)
1 Like

IDEA: edit your header/footer email theme globally across all emails.

You can edit an email theme however this does does not affect your published emails. If you want your update to be shown on your published emails, you will have to edit each individual email.

I was moving from my old autoresponder to mautic when I came across this issue. I regularly change text and links in my footer email theme however this is impractical in Mautic because I have over 100 published emails.

My old autoresponder has a global header and footer theme that can be used in emails. When you change anything in the header/footer theme it auto updates globally across all emails using that theme (obviously the body of the email is not changed).

Ideas on how you can do this in mautic:

• Work around: What about a Responsive iframe header/footer theme in Mautic that copies the header/footer content from one source page, so that when you change the header/footer in the source page it auto updates across all your mautic email themes? Do you think an iframe work around even possible?

UPDATE: After some googling I found out that this is bad idea because most email clients do NOT display iframes.

• Any plans on adding a feature that Lets you edit the header/footer theme globally across all emails?

For example:
Header - globally editable theme
Body - unique to each email
Footer - globally editable theme

• Any other ideas?

• Is this a feature you would use?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Definitely a must have feature!

I don’t understand how this doesn’t get more votes… When you have hundreds of published emails and need to update your header or footer regularly, you need to edit everyone of them one by one, really?

This -nowadays- common and must needed feature makes me want to move to another tool.

Please consider adding this feature! Thanks