Mutliple spools / Cronjob setting to avoid clogging of queue

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.7
My PHP version is: 8.0.28
My Database type and version is: mariadb-10.6

Your problem
I’m sending transactional mails and newsletters via mautic. The newsletter list contains ~40k contacts and the sending rate is ~500 emails per minute at the moment. If I’m sending the newsletter all at once, new users would not get their registration mail for at least an hour if the newsletter is clogging the queue.

As I didn’t find a possibility to setup multiple spoolers the solution I thought about is this:

• set broadcast:send to a limit lower than the sending rate eg. 400
  • this means there are only 400 newsletter mails each minute and there is some space for transactional mails

Does this make sense? Or is there a better way?

Thank you so much!
Steffen

1 Like

I am also interested in the answer.
I assume that it will work as you describe, because the other emails (registration and so on) are created by another cron job and not by broadcast:send . And these will get sent if the emails:send did not reached the limit.
But I am not sure how it really works.
You can test it: simply subscribe to yourself during that time and see what happens. I would be glad to know it also.

1 Like

Good idea to just test it. It seems to work the way I described above. So just set the broadcast rate lower than the sending rate to leave some room for other mails works fine for us. Thank you for the idea!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.