New editor Beefree.io plugin for mautic available for tests

Hi, is there any update?

this builder works better than the Grapejs builder mautic 4 has.

Thanks

2 Likes

Every email builder works better than GrapesJS in Mautic :wink:

Based on? :slight_smile:

@joeyk currently the GrapeJS builder is not yet stable enough to edit emails properly in production. There are still many cases that are not operational. Here are some examples (not exhaustive):

• HTML modification
  • Adding a link
  • Not losing the WYSIWYG editor in a text block
  • Ability to edit blocks correctly
  • Don’t lose responsive layout when editing
  • Simplified addition of Mautic variables

I don’t know if Beefree is better but GrapeJS is hard to use in production.
I’m sure we’ll get a proper builder eventually but it’s not there yet. :slight_smile:

I look forward to discussing this.
Pierre

1 Like

That was my question: based on what facts are any other editors better?

The GrapesJS builder seems like Democracy to me. Until we don’t know anything better, it’s the best option to use :slight_smile:

The GrapesJS editor has issues, but it’s getting better. An MIT licenced open source Beefree editor is just doesn’t exist. I rather use something that has issues, then something doesn’t exits.

I’ll jump in here a bit…

We have an ERP / eCommerce / CRM system that has been using GrapesJS for the email designer for several years now, so we are quite familiar with it. Since our clients are just using for basic transactional emails (i.e. Password Recover, Invoice Copy, Thank you for your order, etc) it does an acceptable job but our customers hate it. With that said, we also use GrapesJS as our skin designer, and it does a much better job. Thats because GrapesJS was designed to edit html pages - not email code.

We also use Mautic for digital marketing and would never consider using GrapesJS for creating a marketing email compared to other tools that are out there.

While its true that there is not a MIT of the Beefree editor, there is a very affordable license from the company that created the Beefree editor - BuilderJS - HTML Email & Page Builder by SorrentoCorp | CodeCanyon. The $99 extended license would probably let someone include it in their plugin…

We would be willing to contribute if someone was willing to program it and throw in all the templates we’ve already done - Connected Business Entice Email Templates (we no longer use this page, but you get the idea)

1 Like

Hello @joeyk,

I agree that the GrapeJS builder and the Beefree builder do not exist in Mautic at this time.
My point is that I think it’s a shame to have lost the functionality of the old builder when a new builder was released. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,
Pierre

I wouldn’t say ‘lost’. You can switch back any time if you prefer the old builder.
The cutover to the new builder is gradual. If you don’t miss features use the grapesjs builder, if you prefer the old builder, it’s just few clicks.

I am greatful for every single enhancement on the grapesjs builder and I hope they are keep coming.

Regarding the Beefree builder. I hope someone will make that plugin. But since it’s not open source it’s hardly can be a solution for all.

Hello @joeyk

I don’t agree with you, here are two arguments:

1. The old e-mail builder is to be deleted.
  2. The energy put into developing the new builder is not put into developing the old one.

The simplest thing would be to make sure that the new GrapeJS builder covers, at least, the functionalities of the old builder in order to delete the old one and continue building without spreading ourselves too thin :wink:

Except that today, neither the old builder nor the new builder are up to the task. :slight_smile:

For the Beefree plugin I agree with you, it is certainly not the solution for Mautic. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Pierre

Hi, we are 100% on the same page.

But please keep in mind, that Mautic is an Open Source project coded mostly by volunteers.
Altough I agree with you regarding the following quote:

To change the editor is a huge job for 2-3 people who actually did the coding. For those volunteers who worked on it feels like:

“The simpliest thing would be to make sure that all cars are electric, and there is no need for gasoline anymore for transportation.”

Again, I 100% agree with you.

Mautic is short of hands, and everybody does the best they can. There are many ways to participate. Mautic users can approve just 1 PR / week. It’s a 10-15 min job depending on the PR. Many small contributions can make this project better! Here is a great video how to get started. You don’t need to be a coder or even understand coding: