MJML Grapesjs - Email Builder

What do we need to do to finalise the MJML builder?
If we wanted this up next week, what is our stopgap solution rather than waiting for M3.1
How many hours would it take to get us there?

I was about to post on Upwork to build out an instance of grapesjs-mjml with a client interface so I could continue with other projects, but would rather it be within Mautic.

Keen to get something like this up in Mautic
Ability to build in Grapesjs or MJML with the ability to export in email templates HTML for clients sending emails in other platforms with assets ran out of ours.

https://grapesjs.com/demo-mjml.html

1 Like

Bump!
Mautic 3.1 is here. Is there anything that can be done to get a current status on this and next steps?

Thanks for bumping this.

I installed this one and it has some small bugs, that prevents it from going to production.
For example image upload:

Iā€™m also curious how could it be done?

Curios about this announcement @npracht

Maybe we should invite some people from here to join us on the forum to discuss? @joeyk

New page and email builder plugin based on grapes.js builder #9412

Slack Mautic Channel for the project discussion
#i-builders

Hey Teamā€¦
I was grapesjs plugin enable resently but how to use it.
Can any one explain me. If possible please share screen shortā€¦

Hi, it is drag and drop Builder.
What exactly you would like to know?
Joey

1 Like

Thanks for replyā€¦
I was used grapejs but donā€™t know how to use in Mautic.

Hiā€¦

grapejs is drag and drop for email and page builder.

after you enable that plugin on mautic.
you can create new email or new landing page, and go to builder.
you will see grapejs page with builderā€¦

1 Like

Thanks broā€¦
I was checked in existing mail.
When i select new mail its work thank you very muchā€¦

Any idea where yo find new mail templatesā€¦

Grapesjs Work fine but what I Upload images from my desktop then not showing and when I using URL then showing images.
What do I do?

Please add an issue here and make sure that you add as much detail as possible about your setup and if possible a screencast of the issue!

There are not many MJML themes yet - we have three email themes that are shipping with Mautic and the blank theme. We have some more landing pages that are being prepared which will ship with Mautic 4 when the plugin will come out of Release Candidate into General Availability.

If you want to use existing themes just read the docs and add the line to the config file.

This is the DIRECT LINK to that: GitHub - mautic/plugin-grapesjs-builder: GrapesJS HTML and MJML integration for Mautic

I added the line to a template I created and it works like a charm.

Sorry, here is the direct link in the docs if people would prefer not to read through the rest of the page :wink:

Todayā€™s evening I spend my time on trials making responsive email in Mautic 4.2 Itā€™s really difficult task. I read MJML project documentation and project leader opinions. IMHO MJML editor was good idea maybe to 2015, but isnā€™t on 2022.

Why?
MJML restricts many functions to display well on old Outlooks - but now Outlook makes up small percentage of the market, and for Outlook clients marketers have link to browser. This doesnā€™t allow marketers to use a lot od great and responsive(!) functions like width in percentage for images in emails and more. Making emails for Outlook 2003 in 2022 have no sense. Itā€™s like creating new websites for old version Internet Explorer. Unnecessary restriction. Mobile and Gmail are the most important.

1 Like

You can use width 30% for columns and place an image in it. Would that work?