Out of the blue DBA Exception - Mautic down

Please read the detailed write up in the PR here:

Since version 2.5, Doctrine has automatic platform version detection built-in. So it will recognize if e.g. the minimum MySQL version is 5.7, required for some functionality that was only added in version 5.7.

… there’s no need (anymore) for Mautic to hardcode the database server version…

Read the PR for more detailed descriptions of how it works with the installer process.

Thank you @rcheesley.

My question was badly written tho.
I wanted to know where all the stuff (usually 500+ lines) that was in local.php is now to be found, since the local.pho file built by a fresh M4.4 installation is just over 30 lines.

Obviously I didn’t understand the issue at hand in this thread, so I think it is best if I open a new thread for the question, it is here:

1 Like

Ironically, I just experienced this on my own Mautic instance :blush:

It turned out something had made MariaDB angry and it was running but had crashed somewhere and wasn’t servicing connections.

Restarting MariaDB would not work so I had to reboot the server.

So I guess the long and the short of it is (based on what I’ve read from folks in the forum with this error), if you see this error, it’s very likely that something has gone awry with your database connection. Either your DB software is broken / disconnected, your credentials are incorrect, or maybe the server itself is under load which is causing intermittent issues with the database connection.