Page hits being recorded but without data....

Morning everyone… i’m new to mautic and seem to be running into difficulties recording page hits.
I get lots of page hits - but they all come up with no event name, and with the page URL and referrer as “Unknown” - this is absolutely useless to us…

Clicking on the event info shows:
Time on page: Unknown
Referrer: Unknown
Page URL: Unknown
Device name: DATA EXISTS FOR EACH HIT
Device OS: DATA EXISTS FOR EACH HIT
Device Brand: DATA EXISTS FOR EACH HIT
Device Model: DATA EXISTS FOR EACH HIT
Email: *CORRECTLY RETRIEVES DATAFROM CUSTOMER RECORD *
FristName: CORRECTLY RETRIEVES DATA FROM CUSTOMER RECORD
OMSID: CORRECTLY RETRIEVES DATA FROM CUSTOMER RECORD
Utm Source: CORRECTLY RETRIEVES DATA FROM CUSTOMER RECORD
Utm Medium: CORRECTLY RETRIEVES DATA FROM CUSTOMER RECORD

I’m sure its not possible that the page URL is unknown - so I must have made a mistake in configuring the snippet that goes onto our website - but I am not sure where to look for a fix…

I have checked that the correct data is being POSTED to the mautic installation - I can see the post data in the request to the tracking script. Data is passed in all of these parameters:
page_title
page_language
page_referrer
page_url
counter
mtc_id
mtc_sid
resolution
timezone_offset
platform
do_not_track
adblock
fingerprint

I can also see in the server logs that the post is being received! So the data IS getting to my mautic install. The hit IS appearing in the console - but the data associated with the hit is not there…

Very grateful for any pointers. Without trying to look at source, I’m out of ideas as to why the data is being lost after it is received by Mautic.

V2.13.0
Installed on a dreamhost VPS. Chron jobs all working fine, Email tracking pixels working, and I can get data (name, email, custom fields) into Mautic from our email system by using the tracking pixel in our existing outgoing emails.

THANKS!!!

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? Or what my best bet is for getting any sort of advice? Seems both Slack and Mautic Forums are completely silent on when I bring this up…
Many thanks.
Alex

It would be great if you post a screenshot to understand the issue. :wink:

Thanks for the reply…
Here’s an example…
Problem with Tracker
This is generated from a visit to the site - via cut/paste of tracking JS snippet.
In this example, all the recorded data is messed up (DeviceOS is ‘email’ Email is FirstName, etc etc…) PLUS the referrer is ‘unknown’ and the page generating the hit is ‘unknown’ - not possible…

Here’s another example…
Problem with tracker
Here the recorded data is at least in the right fields… but the referring page and the page url generating the his it still unknown

Thanks for your advice.

Alex

@Alex Z where you install mautic?

Hi DK,
Thanks for looking at my post!
I have Mautic Installed on a DreamHost VPS.
Its running on PHP7, running on its own subdomain and installed to the root of that subdomain.
Server has both http and https (with a letsencrypt cert)
Database is running on a separate VPS, using MySQL 5.6.34
Not sure what other info I can provide that might highlight a possible reason for this strange behaviour.
Thanks for your help!
Alex