Post results to another form - not working!

wow, this is a very old topic, and I think people are trying to use Post Results to another form in a complete wrong way.

“Post results to another form” action submits the data directly to the server, it is not used to autofill fields of a form within a page. if its used as detailed in the post the data submited in form1 will appear in the list of results from form 1 and 2.

in order to acomplish what the OP is trying to do (display a page with auto populate values from a different form submission), you need use a different solution, here is my suggestion:

1. map the fields to the contact field. that way the data collected will be saved not only in the form but in the contact record.
    2A. For pages written in mautic:
    on the second form, map the field again to the contact record, then, on the behavior tab, select the option Autofill (the documentation, says this option only works on mautic pages, but I would give it a try on external page as well, before trying option 2B)
    2B. For external pages (like in wordpress)
    when composing the e-mail, and including a link to the page2, pass the values of the form as url parameters, then use this solution to fill the form from the parameters:
    Can't pre-fill form fields with procedure described in Mautic documentation - #7 by leoschuler

Alternatives to 2B would be to save the data in cookies, but this would require additional coding.