Problem with inodes and how to cancel queue campaign

Your software
My Mautic version is:3.3.1
My PHP version is:7.4.15
My Database type and version is: mysqlnd 7.4.15

Your problem
My problem is:

These errors are showing in the log:
[2021-03-22 06:30:15] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 06:30:15] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 06:35:12] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
/mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 06:35:12] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 06:40:13] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 06:40:13] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 06:45:11] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
/mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 06:45:11] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 06:50:11] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 06:50:11] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 06:55:13] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 06:55:13] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:00:16] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:00:16] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:05:10] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:05:10] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:10:14] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:10:14] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:15:22] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:15:22] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:20:13] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:20:13] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:25:10] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:25:10] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:30:14] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:30:14] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:35:21] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:35:21] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:40:11] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:40:11] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:45:17] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:45:17] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:50:12] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 07:50:12] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 07:55:12] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 07:55:12] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 08:00:18] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at / /mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Command/ProcessEmailQueueCommand.php line 99 while running console command mautic:emails:send
[2021-03-22 08:00:18] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1
[2021-03-22 08:05:11] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Call to a member function getHeaders() on bool (uncaught exception) at /
[2021-03-22 08:05:11] mautic.WARNING: Command mautic:emails:send exited with status code 1

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

i am new on mautic and have less programming knowledge.

I am using SMTP service from share hosting.
i have no problem sending email before, but after problem with inodes on my hosting server, i remove all file *.message on folder …/mautic/var/spool .

After that, i make new campaign with email, but no email received by my recipient.

My question:

1. Is it safe to remove file *.message in folder …/mautic/var/spool ? If not, what is solution to remove large inodes from mautic?
  2. How to solve problem with my campaign that no email received by my recipient?
  3. Below are the logs file, but i have no knowledge how to solve the problem. Please help me for the solution.

Hello!

If you decide to do that, you’ll have issues with spamboxing. You are at the mercy of other ‘tenants’ using the same IP. If someone unleashes bad traffic you will be punished too. Use a third party SMTP asap.

This means you have WAAY too many files. And it will be a problem forever for you unless you know how to delete obsolete files from your hosting.

My question:

If you remove them, you’ll see these emails being sent, but in reality they won’t be sent.
This is the equivalent of the postman trowing all his mails into the river.

Inodes are not ‘large’ and they don’t belong to ‘mautic’. They belong to ANY files in your file system.
It’s more like you have a set number of licence plate combinations for cars, and people want to buy more cars, but there are no licence plates left.
If I want to be evil: limiting inodes is a way for your host to squeeze many tenants on one server without telling you that you are limited.

Well, it really depends how your campaign is built. Did your contacts leave the campaign? Are they waiting for the next step? You can any time add a new campaign for the members of the previous campaign.

Solution:

1. get a better VPS, Mautic will grow in number of files
  2. get a third party smtp
  3. learn how to inbox better and be a better emailer
  4. read community videos and content about Mautic
1 Like

Thank you @joeyk for your answer. Because i’m still learning about mautic, and have no programming or linux knowledge. But eager to learn

based on your advice, i am still looking which VPS and third party SMTP are suit for me. Thank you. But still, i have question while i am still using my share hosting server just for learning mautic before move to VPS and other 3rd party SMTP server.

My share hosting limiting for sending email for 250 emails/hour.
So, i set the email configuration on mautic

Next step i remove all *.message on spooler folder, and try to start over making new campaign.

When sending new campaign to 3 emails, 3 email receive it but not on the campaign dashboard and report dashboard

and based on the log, what is the solution ?

[2021-03-27 19:11:26] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Trying to access array offset on value of type null - in file /xxx/yyy/mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Views/FormTheme/Email/emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_widget.html.php - at line 14 {“mauticTemplateVars”:{“app”:"[object] (Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Templating\GlobalVariables: {})",“value”:null,“attr”:{“class”:“form-control”},“form”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormView: null)",“id”:"emailform_dynamicContent_0_filters_0_filters___name_",“name”:“name”,“full_name”:“emailform[dynamicContent][0][filters][0][filters][name]”,“disabled”:false,“label”:false,“label_format”:null,“multipart”:false,“block_prefixes”:[“form”,“dynamic_content_filter_entry_filters”,"_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry"],“unique_block_prefix”:"_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry",“translation_domain”:null,“cache_key”:“emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_dynamic_content_filter_entry_filters",“errors”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormErrorIterator: )",“valid”:true,“data”:null,“required”:true,“size”:null,“label_attr”:[],“compound”:true,“method”:“POST”,“action”:"",“submitted”:false,“mauticContent”:“email”,“mauticTemplate”:"MauticEmailBundle:FormTheme\Email:emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_widget.html.php",“view”:"[object] (Mautic\CoreBundle\Templating\Engine\PhpEngine: {})"},“app”:"[object] (Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Templating\GlobalVariables: {})",“value”:null,“attr”:{“class”:“form-control”},“form”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormView: null)",“id”:"emailform_dynamicContent_0_filters_0_filters___name”,“name”:“name”,“full_name”:“emailform[dynamicContent][0][filters][0][filters][name]”,“disabled”:false,“label”:false,“label_format”:null,“multipart”:false,“block_prefixes”:[“form”,“dynamic_content_filter_entry_filters”,"_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry"],“unique_block_prefix”:"_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry",“translation_domain”:null,“cache_key”:"_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_dynamic_content_filter_entry_filters",“errors”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormErrorIterator: )",“valid”:true,“data”:null,“required”:true,“size”:null,“label_attr”:,“compound”:true,“method”:“POST”,“action”:"",“submitted”:false,“mauticContent”:“email”,“mauticTemplate”:“MauticEmailBundle:FormTheme\Email:_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_widget.html.php”,“view”:"[object] (Mautic\CoreBundle\Templating\Engine\PhpEngine: {})",“isPrototype”:true,“filterType”:"",“filterGroup”:""}

here is the file mautic/app/bundles/EmailBundle/Views/FormTheme/Email/_emailform_dynamicContent_entry_filters_entry_filters_entry_widget.html.php

Thank you