My Mautic version is: 4
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: pdo_mysql 5.7.40-43
My problem is: Our very first campaign got us a temporary ban at SiteGround (1 of 3 strikes)
These errors are showing in the log: None
Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Removed “900” from “Recovery timeout for resending failed messages”
The Queue was already within acceptable use policy. But here I’m making some assumptions:
- I’m guessing that the issue may be partially avoided (or at least slowed down) by turning off resend of failed messages.
- I’m also guessing that removing the default value 900 and making this field empty will disable resend on any current run (and help avoid getting another strike).
- Finally, I did some searching in the code to see if I could find checking for the “550” status but I did not find anything. So, here I’m assuming that I may not have any way to not resend hard fails like the “550” but keep re-sending on for other cases that may indicate a temporary fail.
- Turning off re-sends probably will not put an email that “does to exist” on the DNC (do not contact) list so we may still have a risk of getting banned as campaigns continue to run and potentially re-send to 550s.
– Recovery timeout was 900 (the default), I removed this value to hopefully work around the issue
Is a 550 status check something we can gather support in adding (also see other permanent failure SMTP status code)? Can anyone confirm there is not something like this already? Seams like this would really help everyone to protect their IP and account reputation. If a server confirms a recipient does not exists, there should never be a case to re-send right? That is a solid valid reply and essential in not getting banned, and maintaining a good reputation, and maintaining an accurate send and do not send list even for any provider even one’s own mail server (implications beyond using SiteGround).
Thank you for your feedback!