“Reply-to” field in email messages

Mautic: v3.3.4

I’m having trouble with setting “reply-to” field in email messages from form.

I have a form in Components > Forms.
The user completes the form and give us his e-mail address.
I created a “Campaign Form” and not a “Standalone Form”.

In the “Actions” tab of this form, I choose the “Send form results” option
I set the “Reply to contact” field to “Yes”.
In “To” field, I enter the email address of our salesperson.
Send to owner=No
Send to contact=No

A message is created and sent from Mautic to the assigned merchant.
Works fine :wink:

However, as he receives an email, the “reply-to” field is not set to the user’s email, but to the administrator/system email :frowning:

Description of the tooltip field

Set the contact’s email as the “Reply To” address so that if replying to the results email, the contact address will be the default recipient.

Why is it not working?

How to change it so that the merchant can reply to the email of the user who filled in the form?
Where am I making a mistake?

I tested both
Campaign Form and Standalone Form

Can anybody help?
I have tried various ways to set this option, but it still doesn’t work.

Option available in Mautic does not work :frowning:
I still count on your help.

At Collabora, we just finished our transition from 2.16.5 to Mautic 4.1.2 (we upgraded incrementally from major versions to another). From now one, we are also experiencing this problem.

Previously with our 2.16.5 instance the field To was populated with the email of the person reaching to us via the contact form.

Now with 4.1.2:

  • the To is populated to the list of sales receiving this message.
  • the Reply-To is empty, not specified at all, although the option Reply to contact is set to Yes
  • the From is populated from the source address we defined in the Mautic options for our email relay transactional service.

I used PHP-Mailer to test whether our transactional email service was removing/tweaking fields on the fly, but the latter is just sending things raw without any modification. The transactional service is not at fault and the issue seems to come from Mautic, or at least the configuration we have.

I’m still debugging to know what’s wrong. In the meantime if @mojo, you found the answer, please post here =)

This was a regression. I can confirm the problem is now fixed with the just released Mautic 4.2.0.

The PR that fixes it: