Schedule Segment E-mails

Hi,

Is there a way to schedule an segment e-mail to be sent later?

Not are the campaign e-mails but SEGMENT E-mails.

Thanks!

Thanks @escopecz!

I hope this functonality will be released soon. The version in mautic.com has this feature.

Thanks again!

Nope, but there is a feature request for it already: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/574

Hi,

Is there a way to schedule an segment e-mail to be sent later?

Not are the campaign e-mails but SEGMENT E-mails.

Thanks!

When schedule option will be available ?

It is available. See the docs: https://mautic.org/docs/en/setup/cron_jobs.html#send-scheduled-broadcasts-e-g-segment-emails

hmmmm so it’s not working on my config. I have set queued option enable in EMAIL SETTINGS.

I have created Segment Email in Channels > Email

I setup time to publish but ahter that time only icon status change from yellow (pending) to green (published). On Stats still have 7 Pending 0 Sent and 0 Read.

Right know i dont have any other idea what is wrong.

This is some log from mautic

[2016-12-29 13:44:46] mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: SymfonyComponentDependencyInjectionDefinition::setFactoryService(doctrine) is deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in 3.0. Use Definition::setFactory() instead. - in file /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Definition.php - at line 204 [] [] [2016-12-29 13:45:14] mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: SymfonyComponentDependencyInjectionDefinition::setFactoryService(doctrine) is deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in 3.0. Use Definition::setFactory() instead. - in file /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Definition.php - at line 204 [] [] [2016-12-29 13:56:51] mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: SymfonyComponentDependencyInjectionDefinition::setFactoryService(doctrine) is deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in 3.0. Use Definition::setFactory() instead. - in file /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Definition.php - at line 204 [] []

and cron form ISP

[code]*/20 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php -q -d /home/duchu/domains/skryptersi.online/public_html/WPM/cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

• wget -q -O - “http://serp.duchu.vot.pl/check.php” > /dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1
            */20 * * * * /usr/local/php7.0/bin/php -q -d /home/duchu/domains/skryptersi.online/public_html/WPM/cron.php
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:segments:update -f --env=prod
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:triger -f --env=prod
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send -f --env=prod
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:email:fetch
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:send:emails -f --env=prod
            */10 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:process:emails --env=prod
            */10 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:process:email -f --env=prod
            */10 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaign:triger -f --env=prod
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send -f --env=prod
            */5 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send [–id=ID] [–channel=CHANNEL]
            */1 * * * * /usr/local/php5.6/bin/php /home/duchu/domains/duchu.vot.pl/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:email:process --env=prod [/code]

Maybe You have any clues ?

and ?

In docs you have something like this

php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send [--id=ID] [--channel=CHANNEL]

i must change every time id and channel in my CRON stettings ??

and how offen should it be run

Once again, Mautic threads only get about 30% of the problem solved. Can the Mautic community not get this?

Fabian asked “i must change every time id and channel in my CRON stettings ?? and how offen should it be run” and got a reply about something else. The question is a perfectly sensible one and should be answered somewhere in the documentation, but it isn’t.

Just to add to the confusion, nowhere is it explained if you have to change anything in:
php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send [–id=ID] [–channel=CHANNEL]

I assume the ID and CHANNEL (i.e. in capitals) must be changed. Then it would help to explain how to find this data. ID I can see in the emails list, but channel? Am I meant to just guess? I’m going to guess “EMAILS”? Am I right?

Sorry to be blunt, but the frustration over Mautic is building (and not just with me). The community desperately needs to get a grip on the documentation.

This is not really a solution.

When we want to send a solus email to a segment it doesn’t make sense to do it in a campaign, but if we want to schedule it we have to write a standalone cron job, really! Is that the best that can be done?

It seems to me that all that is needed is a flag that says ‘Send on publish’ and set the publishing date. When the publishing date arrives the email is published and if the flag is set it gets sent to all of the segment immediately - if it’s not set then they aren’t sent.

The workaround is to do it in a campaign, of course, but that defeats part of the reason to have segment emails.

What you’ve described here is how it already works.

1. Create a mautic:broadcasts:send cron job (no need to specify --id=XX) and run it every 5-10 minutes.
  2. Change the status of the email to published.
  3. Set Publish at (date/time) to some time in the future.
  4. The broadcast will begin within 5-10 minutes (depending on your cron timing) of whatever time you selected.

EDIT: Just to be clear the cron job is a one-time thing. Just repeat steps 2-4 to schedule more emails.

Ah, That makes sense, Thank you - I’m off to set that up and try it.

That does not work.

I’ve an email that is published and a “publish on” date that has passed with 307 pending emails, and the cron job running every 15 minutes.

Running the cron job ‘by hand’ I can see that it runs without any error messages, and produces a table with three columns Channel, #sent and #failed as output but with no content in the table, nothing is actually sent.

Thank you - done and working now. Much appreciated

I’m not an Earl grey fan, but I’m very happy to support your preference :slight_smile: