Script in progress - always

When I try to run the mautic:campaigns:trigger or the mautic:campaigns:update scripts I get an error:

Script in progress. Use -f or --force to force execution.

It doesn’t matter when or how I try it - the same error every time.

I’ve been able to google my way to some other guys who had the problem - but noone ever posted a solution it seems.

Help would be much appreciated - what could possibly be wrong?

When I try to run the mautic:campaigns:trigger or the mautic:campaigns:update scripts I get an error:
Script in progress. Use -f or --force to force execution.
It doesn’t matter when or how I try it - the same error every time.
I’ve been able to google my way to some other guys who had the problem - but noone ever posted a solution it seems.
Help would be much appreciated - what could possibly be wrong?

Hi,

I had this issue once running on a shared host. I found that my issue was that I set the cron jobs to run too frequently, like every 5 mins. This is was initially when there weren’t many events to process but as the amount of work grew, the processing times required got longer. I believe my hosting provider might have some throttling in place so in the end I had to configure the cron jobs to run less frequently, like every half and hour and it was OK.

Hope it helps.

Linh

The only way around this is by adding --force for me, then the crons run, but I have read that its not good practice to use -f or --force permanently.
I have adjusted my crons to run every 15 mins, staggered, and set a forced version twice per day just incase, as advised on here.

I currently experience the same with a not too small virtual server. It mainly has only mautic cronjobs. The mautic instance itself is not very big yet. However - I run also into the “script in progress” situation. Usually the script completes within 1 or 2 seconds. So 5 min should not be a problem?

I had this when launching cronjobs parallel. Fix them once using -f and the do just one cronjob which process them one by one. So that might be one shell skript like:

[code]#!/bin/bash

cd whatsoeverpath
php app/console mautic:segments:update 2>&1
php app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger 2>&1
php app/console mautic:campaigns:update 2>&1[/code]