Campaign not triggering

Thanks escopecz for the script that heiped me and many others with shared hosting provider to pin point the fault in the common problem of campaign not starting and no emails are sent. I still have the problem but running the your script trigger one cycle of events in my test campaign and run all the tasks. Using the cron jobs listed below is not triggering the campaign:

php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod

php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update --env=prod

php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod

xx my hidden user account. I don’t need the email cron job. Any alternative cron job format that is compatible with ( Hostmonster) shared hosting. I tried few others with -f but did not work. I have been trying to get mautic running , I just love this system and will continue to try all alternative settings.

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks escopecz for the script that heiped me and many others with shared hosting provider to pin point the fault in the common problem of campaign not starting and no emails are sent. I still have the problem but running the your script trigger one cycle of events in my test campaign and run all the tasks. Using the cron jobs listed below is not triggering the campaign:
php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod

php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update --env=prod

php /home1/xx/public_html/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod
xx my hidden user account. I don’t need the email cron job. Any alternative cron job format that is compatible with ( Hostmonster) shared hosting. I tried few others with -f but did not work. I have been trying to get mautic running , I just love this system and will continue to try all alternative settings.
Help is very much appreciated.

my time interval for all the above cron jobs is */2 * * * * Any help very much appreciated.

Hi, I’m actually working on a cron service especially for Mautic. This is the first public mention about it actually. It’s in a public beta right now, but if you could test it, I’d appreciate it: cronfig.io

Hi, I have finished uploading the folder but unable to name it to plugins/CronfigBundle , system gives error that / can’t be used, perhaps use . instead and might need to make changes in all files accordingly. Awaiting your modifications. I tried also the script relevant URL’s as cron jobs but unable to start the campaign. The only way to trigger the campaign is using the script manually. thanks.

Ah, I’m so sorry for confusion. It’s usually stated this way in the techie articles. The name of the folder should be just CronfigBundle and should be located inside the plugins folder. That’s why there was plugins/CronfigBundle. I already modified it at the website.

Hi,
I finished installing the software and logged in to the cron site. I clicked on create the first three commands which are campaign update, campaign trigger and leadlists update. Does that substitute placing cron jobs in the hosting server and do I have to repeat it again or assume that mautic is going to run with no need to reset any thing. Please explain briefly if possible. I shall try to add one of my emails to test the system and by the way if I delete some of my emails that I used for test, can I use them again for other test or mautic will not respond to them any more. Thanks

Mautic needs to trigger some scripts so it can do the automation tasks. It doesn’t matter what will trigger them. It can be a cron on the same server as Mautic, it can be another service. So if you’ll use Cronfig, you don’t need to trigger the Mautic scripts any other way.

If you delete an existing Cronfig account, you can then register with that email again. Or you can simply delete all the tasks and use the API key in another Mautic or with another tasks. If you’d have more questions about Cronfig service, please, use the contact form at the bottom of cronfig.io page.

[quote=8037:@escopecz]Mautic needs to trigger some scripts so it can do the automation tasks. It doesn’t matter what will trigger them. It can be a cron on the same server as Mautic, it can be another service. So if you’ll use Cronfig, you don’t need to trigger the Mautic scripts any other way.

If you delete an existing Cronfig account, you can then register with that email again. Or you can simply delete all the tasks and use the API key in another Mautic or with another tasks. If you’d have more questions about Cronfig service, please, use the contact form at the bottom of cronfig.io page.[/quote]
The script run every 30m ,is it possible to configure to be 5m. I shall let you know the result and how reliable the software in running my test campaign soon. Thanks.

The forever free plan have the 30 minute period right now. I plan to add a paid plans which could have more frequent period and increased other limits. It’ll be a few bucks a year to let me keep the service running, nothing expensive.

Hi, I can say now that your software is working well using simple test campaign but has started with actual double opt in campaign just now and shall let you know the result , never the less you have really helped me , many other that face this problem and has solved a major problem that mautic system has right from the beginning as it has the challenge to work reliably with so many different hosting companies. Thanks very much.

Thanks for your feedback! The goal was to solve the cron config problem and I’m really glad this goal was completed for you.

Hi, I am trying to verify if double opt in email campaign will function normally using your software following the chart in mautic blog published in aug 2015 but found that the confirm landing page is not detected by campaign trigger or campaign update , so could not verify the rest of my campaign. Any suggestion. Thanks.

Hi,
Further to my comment above, I have created a similar double opt in campaign in my account in mautic.com and the same problem so it is not a problem in your software but in mautic system which after researching I found that in previous versions it does not detect landing pages. Any explanation is very much appreciated…

Could it be some reason described at https://www.mautic.org/docs/pages/troubleshooting.html ?

Thanks for your help, solved, the reason was that I had to open the opt in email using a different browser than that of mautic and when I clicked on confirm link, mautic then detected the landing page and the campaign worked well with no error using my host and when using my account in mautic, This conclude the beta test of your software being completely successful on all the campaigns I am currently using . I am still interested to trouble shoot why cron jobs are not working on my hosting as the hosting support answered they are unable to provide support but I do have one cron job working well of an autoresponder script running for years, so if I install SSH software will I be able to find out the problem, Once again thanks and I am prepared to test any related beta software for you at any time.

Hello from Germany,
I tested the CronfigBundle today but when I have moved it in the plugins folder and cache was empty, I had no more access on my installation when I logged in
Also I still have problems with my campaigns. I start with a mail, which is send.to a segment The Mail contains a link to a form form for registration on a landingpage. All is built in mautic but nothing happens. Then I changed to visit Landing page, same effect, then I changed to open email, same effect. The next step in my campaign is not starting.or sending the next mail.
The cron-job for campaign trigger is working fine but the both ones for campaign and segments fail, when I look into cron -job.org reports.
I really like mautic, its a great product and I hav to realize som more campaigns but first I have to solve this
Any ideas, I would be grateful for any new idea!!!
Kind regards
Klaus

Thanks. The plugin actually use the -f if the cron job fails for 3 times in a row. Mautic won’t let other task start if the previous one didn’t finish. So the usual reason is that some task is taking longer time to process. But if there is an PHP error during the cron task, the task won’t ever say it has finished and in that case the -f should be used.

Hey @escopecz It’s been a while that I’m away from the community, but I’m back and I tested Cronfig, worked really well, but I needed to change CronfigModel at campaings trigger and add “-f” because I was getting an error. Do you have any idea how to prevent using “-f”?

VPS - DigitalOcean - Latest Mautic - PHP 5.6

Thanks in Advance

Does cronfig work with Mautic 2.1.1 ?
I tried installing it but got all sorts of errors.
It didn’t show up in my “manage plugins” page.
Soon after, it screwed up my whole mautic installation, until I deleted the folder via FTP.