Segment Email Doesn't go to all contacts

I am using Mautic for a simple email distribution program to send occasional emails to about 415 contacts via email.

I believe I have properly setup the software on my virtual private host (Hostmonster) as it all appears to be working properly and I can send myself Example emails etc.

I have imported and/or manually added all contacts, created a segment, added all contacts to that segment.

I create a new Segment Email and included the segment as the Contact Segment. It confirms that the email is pending to 415 contacts on the Channels > Emails summary page. When I click send, it appears to only go to about the first 40 contacts. I am deducing this from the Contacts pane based on contact activity. Everything after the first 40 has no user activity (read or clicked through etc). However, on the Channels > Emails summary page, it says 415 Sent.

I have the following cron jobs setup:

Code:
Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command Actions */5 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:emails:send */5 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:segments:update */15 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild * * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

What may be causing the system to only send it to the first 40 or so and not the rest, despite Mautic indicating it was sent to 415 recipients? I can confirm that the remaining contacts are not receiving the emails as I have a few of my own email addresses spread throughout and they never receive the email (only the address within the first 40 or so).

I would appreciate any help that someone could offer as I have been banging my head on this one for a while.

Thank you

I am using Mautic for a simple email distribution program to send occasional emails to about 415 contacts via email.

I believe I have properly setup the software on my virtual private host (Hostmonster) as it all appears to be working properly and I can send myself Example emails etc.

I have imported and/or manually added all contacts, created a segment, added all contacts to that segment.

I create a new Segment Email and included the segment as the Contact Segment. It confirms that the email is pending to 415 contacts on the Channels > Emails summary page. When I click send, it appears to only go to about the first 40 contacts. I am deducing this from the Contacts pane based on contact activity. Everything after the first 40 has no user activity (read or clicked through etc). However, on the Channels > Emails summary page, it says 415 Sent.

I have the following cron jobs setup:

[code]Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command Actions
*/5 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:emails:send
*/5 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:segments:update
*/15 * * * * php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild

• php /home1/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger[/code]

What may be causing the system to only send it to the first 40 or so and not the rest, despite Mautic indicating it was sent to 415 recipients? I can confirm that the remaining contacts are not receiving the emails as I have a few of my own email addresses spread throughout and they never receive the email (only the address within the first 40 or so).

I would appreciate any help that someone could offer as I have been banging my head on this one for a while.

Thank you

@cramerdy it may cause about email sending limit

You might want to use Reports > All Emails (pre-defined report) to check on how many emails were sent out.

I may have missed it but what version of Mautic are you running? Any chance there’s something funny with your 40th contact? Is it the same 40 contacts each time? Sorry might be something different but this was the first thought I had when reading your post.

@dbhurley Need to check Via Ftp

@bizcrony, Yes, just in case that was the reason, I have contacted my host and had them increase the limit to 500 emails per hour, although I thought I had the queue setup so that it would send them in chunks of 150 (as this was the previous max). Although that still doesn’t explain why it didn’t get past ~40.

@PeterTL, Thanks for pointing out that report. Although it also claims it went to all 415 contacts, but again, there is only user activity from a handful of them. Although now, the active users (ie. ones that read the email) appear to be sprinkled throughout the list rather than consecutive. I realize now, that is just because I had the Contact list sorted by Last Active, so of course it grouped all of the people that actually got the email toward the top.

@dbhurley, I am running version 2.8.2. Hard to say now based on my reply to @PeterTL who the 40th contact actually was. I will dig a little deeper to verify that there isn’t a contact with a bogus or illegal email address format.

I appreciate the suggestions thus far!

@cramerdy How do you send emails? Via your own SMTP server or via email service provider? Any chance to determine there how many emails were sent?

@PeterTL, I have it setup utilizing my hosts SMTP server and PHP mail. Unfortunatly I asked the support person that increased my hourly max mail send limit if there are any logs that would indicate mail sent on that day and she said no. Whether that was true or not, I didn’t get any logs…

OK, that’s a pity. One last option: maybe you know someone who you think didn’t get the email sendout and ask him/her if they received it. :wink:

And maybe you might want to evaluate some email service providers for you. For SPAM/blocking/delivery reasons it is in most cases a good decision to not send emails via your own SMTP server.