Segment Logic

Hi,

Can someone please explain the logic behind segments and tags. We have four versions of our products, and we would like to email people with certain versions and a certain number of versions. E.g. a user with version 1 and 2, and another user with version 3 and 4.

Using the excluding/including and and/or operations, myself and Mautic appears to get confused, and I just can’t seem to get it right. With the wrong users in wrong places constantly. A user error, maybe, but I need to be made more clear about how it works.

As I asked, does anyone know the logic behind each operation, it’s important we don’t send duplicate emails or send emails to the wrong people.

Thank you,

Patrick

Hi,

Can someone please explain the logic behind segments and tags. We have four versions of our products, and we would like to email people with certain versions and a certain number of versions. E.g. a user with version 1 and 2, and another user with version 3 and 4.

Using the excluding/including and and/or operations, myself and Mautic appears to get confused, and I just can’t seem to get it right. With the wrong users in wrong places constantly. A user error, maybe, but I need to be made more clear about how it works.

As I asked, does anyone know the logic behind each operation, it’s important we don’t send duplicate emails or send emails to the wrong people.

Thank you,
Patrick

Sample:
Yo create 4 tags each tag will be for a particular version (Version 1 Tag will be Version1 Version 2 Tag will be Version2

Now you create a Segment Version 1 Segment
And use Include and select tag Version1

This mean Version 1 Segment will be only with Contact that have tag Version1