So, we’ve set up a basic form with an “Interests” dropdown (select multiple). This connects with a custom field which is held under the “Personal” section of a contact.
Thing is, whenever the form is submitted, this value is not transferred and no data appears to get recorded. This is how we have it set up:
- Custom field created in Mautic
- Form created (standalone), Select field added
- General Tab: Save Result? > Yes
- Contact Field Tab: Matching contact field > Personal Interests
- Properties Tab: Use assigned contact field’s list choices > Yes - Allow Multiple > Yes
The rest of the options are left on the default selection.
I cannot seem to understand what’s going on. Anyone know what the best practice is here? I mean, this should be working right?
Note: When I go to the edit contact mode, I can see the field, it’s just not populated with any data (even after submission)
Selecting only ONE option from the drop down, will populate the contact field, but resubmitting will overwrite the original value. Basically, only one option will get saved. Really defies the point of having a “Select multiple” option.
Just to confirm, the values are being passed onto Mautic, I’ve view the form submissions, and they’re present.