Custom Field and multiple Select options

Hey guys,

Quite impressed with Mautic so far. One thing that has come up is that I would like to use a Custom Field with Select options, however I would like to be able to select more than one option. Is this possible somehow? I tried Ctrl and Shift combinations with mouse clicks but they didn’t seem to do anything. I need to be able to give leads one or more (multiple) selected options which I will then use to create email lists by using filters.

Also, two random notes/possible bugs:

• After editing a lead’s Custom Field/Select option choice once and choosing Save & Close, the Cancel, Save & Close, and Apply buttons get greyed out and are not clickable anymore. Apply does the same, and this actually seems to happen after any kind of edit, not just Select options… Maybe it’s just a bug in the hosted (Mautic.com) version.

• If I use spaces between Select options, the list (when editing a lead) sometimes displays those spaces and sometimes not - “Red | Green | Blue” causes Green to have a space (" Green") and others not (“Red”, “Blue”), longer lists will be even more confusing. I personally feel using spaces makes the Select list admin use nicer (more readable/editable). The spaces also seem to cause various errors, such as “This value is not valid” when trying to change the initial Select option by editing a lead. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time, but very often still. A pretty minor thing considering you can just omit the spaces and both problems go away, but it did throw me off for a moment until I figured to try without spaces (the help text does explain Red|Green|Blue but I didn’t think it would matter).

Anyhow, any thoughts on the multiple Select options? :)

Hey guys,

Quite impressed with Mautic so far. One thing that has come up is that I would like to use a Custom Field with Select options, however I would like to be able to select more than one option. Is this possible somehow? I tried Ctrl and Shift combinations with mouse clicks but they didn’t seem to do anything. I need to be able to give leads one or more (multiple) selected options which I will then use to create email lists by using filters.

Also, two random notes/possible bugs:

• After editing a lead’s Custom Field/Select option choice once and choosing Save & Close, the Cancel, Save & Close, and Apply buttons get greyed out and are not clickable anymore. Apply does the same, and this actually seems to happen after any kind of edit, not just Select options… Maybe it’s just a bug in the hosted (Mautic.com) version.

• If I use spaces between Select options, the list (when editing a lead) sometimes displays those spaces and sometimes not - “Red | Green | Blue” causes Green to have a space (" Green") and others not (“Red”, “Blue”), longer lists will be even more confusing. I personally feel using spaces makes the Select list admin use nicer (more readable/editable). The spaces also seem to cause various errors, such as “This value is not valid” when trying to change the initial Select option by editing a lead. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time, but very often still. A pretty minor thing considering you can just omit the spaces and both problems go away, but it did throw me off for a moment until I figured to try without spaces (the help text does explain Red|Green|Blue but I didn’t think it would matter).

Anyhow, any thoughts on the multiple Select options? :slight_smile:

Just read that and it seems to be coming in mautic 2.2

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/2479