Send in queue

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.7
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: mysql 8.0.31-23

Your problem
My problem is:

Hello.

The following happened to me, I’ve been sending some emails to my list for a few days. Yesterday’s list was 4,500 contacts and today’s is about 6,000.

My problem was that today they were not sent.

I explain the case:
I created a segment email and scheduled it to go out at 10pm, well, at 11pm or so I noticed those emails weren’t going out. Then checking I saw that in the email statistics it said that they were all sent but when I went to check the queue only about 100 had been sent.

Until today I have not had that problem.

What I did was force it on the command line and they started sending.

Can you give me a reason why this could happen?

The issue is that we are going to have a list of 20,000 contacts and right now the server where this is Mautic is 2GB and 2 Cores.

The crons are configured by default as shown in the image.

Greetings and thanks

Oscar

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

What I did was force it on the command line and they started sending.

Hello.

Could someone give me your opinion?

Thanks

Hi, did you check your error log?
This issue also happened to me after the email provider responded with an error (one email was using the wrong domain as “FROM”). And because of that, the sending stopped and I had to manually run the command.

Nothing appears in the Mautic error log, it is clean.

After forcing it with the console command, for now it seems that they are being sent.

thank you for your comments

1. All these actions (6 of them) run at the same time on a 2 core server => as I understand, it is better to have them run sequentially:

2. do you really need all of them? like email:fetch and social:monitoring and webhook:process?

3. emails:send … if I am not wrong, this command tries to process all the emails at once, in one run.
    I would split the sending in smaller batches (400 … 800 emails at a time, to be under 1 minute and run the cron job every minute).

Some references:

Hi @IonutOjicaDe.

Well look what a thing, the mautic is installed with the Powertic image and comes with those crons by default.

I’m going to watch the video you send me.

Thank you

Did you check this? I created a checklist here:

1 Like

Hello @joeyk.

I’m going to check it out.

Thanks

try using this yourmautic /bin/console swiftmailer:spool:send --message-limit=10 --time-limit=10 --recover-timeout=900 --mailer=default

1 Like

Welcome back @EJL !

1 Like

Hi @EJL.

I am going to try.

I would like to understand, what do the parameters you put do.

Does it work to send with Amazon SES?

Thank you

Works with any server- the flags are:
–message-limit number of emails per trigger
–time-limit sets a timeout to complete the operation
–recover-timeout is the number of seconds to treat as failed and retry
–mailer specifies standard mailing process/relay

None of those flags matter for testing. just a quick 10 mail test with reasonable process and timeout times. Feel free to use for tweaking your processes once your issue is solved. @joeyk is an expert in this stuff. You are in good hands.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m going to try it