Setting Segment Refresh Frequency

My idea is: Being able to set the segment refresh frequency in Mautic

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: All Mautic Users

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Segments are inherently designed to be able to group different contacts together for various marketing purposes. However, not all segments are created equally. Some segments need to be updates as close to real-time as possible while others can be updated daily, week, monthly, or even longer. Being able set the update frequency at the segment level or segment category level would allow for more granular control on how segments are built and how computing resources are utilized by Mautic.

Any code or resources to support this idea: Similarly to how you can limit how many contacts are included in the batch for the segment update, the ID of the segment to update could be included here if you wanted to update only a specific segment. However, instead of one cron job per segment, if no segment ID is set, then the cron job would function as it does now except only updating segments where the last update time is greater than X minutes ago.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I’m happy to help however I can, although I’m not familiar with the specifics of Mautic internal code.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? There would need to be some type of documentation that details how to set this up.

Yeah, this is an important one.
I know, that many Mautic Providers have something like this in production.
My solution is based on adding a script to the crontab:

Here is a video how it works:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a watch!