Show Segments and Campaigns on Contact's page

My idea is: It would be a big help if a contact’s page (/s/contacts/view/13456) would show in the right sidebar not just his tags, but also his segments and campaigns.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Everybody

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: It would make testing/developing Mautic-campaigns faster

Any code or resources to support this idea: No, sorry, I have no idea about this stuff.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: As said, I barely know the basics of PHP, so unfortunately no.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?: Much better PHP/etc. skills… But I think it’s probably not too difficult to solve this, as the tags are already shown - so that part of the script might just need to be copied twice and changed a bit.

Just in case you did not know, under the drop-down arrow, in the top right of the contact page are options to see what campaigns a contact is a part of, and, under preferences, you can what segments they are in.

But I agree that it would be great to see this info presented in the right side bar under tags.

Thank you, but yes, that’s what I’m doing at the moment

I would love this to be implemented.
It would save me many “unnecessary” clicks just to check if a user is on a segment or campaign.

How would the UI be if my contacts are in 15 segments from 50 and 9 campaigns from 20?
I think this should be a plugin.

There could be some dropdown in the sidebar, which would contain the segments and campaigns

There is a fair amount of real estate available on the contact record page in the right sidebar. It could be similar to the tag cloud. Perhaps different colours for segments and campaigns. For those contacts where this area becomes overcrowded because they are in many segments are campaigns, it would be great to have the option to turn the feature off or limit the number of segments or campaigns displayed.

With something like this I would be very happy.

2 Likes

I’m sure this can be built. Who will do it ? :slight_smile: If you guys start fundraising, I’ll chip in.

Hi Joeyk, how much would it cost?

I don’t know - you tell me it’s your project :slight_smile: I’m just a bystander.
For me its okay how it looks now, but I’m always happy to chip in if people think it’s a good feature.