Show user what cron jobs are required on config page

My idea is: Having spoken to a Mautic user at FOSDEM, they suggested that one way to make it easier for new users could be to have printed out in the configuration area the cron jobs they need to enable, so that they can copy and paste them easily.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: New users and people who may not be familiar with cron jobs

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: It makes it easier for them to understand how to set up cron jobs, and by telling them which are required based on the config of their instance, will avoid them setting up cron jobs they don’t need.

Any code or resources to support this idea: Not yet

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes, I can help support this idea!

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Technical knowledge - is it possible to do?

Hi, I am that user, and I still totally agree with this!

Another variation on the same theme would be to allow, at least for installations that are not too large, to configure only one generic cron job, that would be called every minute or two and would do everything that has to be done (like if all the currently sensible jobs were called one after the other). That would greatly simplify the work for new Mautic users that will probably have a relatively small instance and might feel confused in front of the long page listing all the possible cron jobs.

Thanks @rcheesley for relying my request! :slight_smile:

1 Like