Site down with "Cannot autowire service...references class "Mautic\CoreBundle\Helper\ComposerHelper" but no such service exists."

Your software
My Mautic version is: Whatever the previous update was as of 3/14/22. I was going to attempt the latest update this morning when I found my installation down.
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MariaDB (MySQL) 5.6.43

Your problem
Installation worked last night and I sent out a newsletter. This morning I get " The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator."

These errors are showing in the log:
[16-Mar-2022 15:26:15 UTC] Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException: Cannot autowire service “Mautic\MarketplaceBundle\Command\InstallCommand”: argument “$composer” of method “__construct()” references class “Mautic\CoreBundle\Helper\ComposerHelper” but no such service exists. - in file /home/cstukfps/email/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/DefinitionErrorExceptionPass.php - at line 54

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I’ve manually deleted the cache through Cpanel and tried using terminal to reset file permissions as per a post on the Mautic website. I also tried starting the next update, but that gives the same error:

$ php bin/console mautic:update:find

In DefinitionErrorExceptionPass.php line 54:

Cannot autowire service “Mautic\MarketplaceBundle\Command\InstallCommand”: argument “$composer” of method “__construct()” references class “Mautic\CoreBundle\Helper\ComposerHelper” but no such service exists."

The ComposerHelper.pgp its referring to exists, through the path on my installation is email\app\bundles\CoreBundle\Helper\ComposerHelper

We do not yet support PHP8. Please drop it to 7.4.

Maybe your host updated PHP without you knowing?

Hmm. Maybe. That is indeed weird.

However, I set it back down to 7.4, deleted the cache and browser data, and still get the same error.
Earlier, I ran the following, was any of this wrong?

find . -type f -not -perm 644 -exec chmod 644 {} +
find . -type d -not -perm 755 -exec chmod 755 {} +
chmod -R g+w var/cache/ var/logs/ app/config/
chmod -R g+w media/files/ media/images/ translations/
rm -rf var/cache/*

chown -R cstukfps:cstukfps /home/cstukfps/email  (where cstukfps is obviously my installation, user, and permissions group name).

Interestringly, when I look at app\bundles\MarketplaceBundle\Command\InstallCommand , I see a syntax error on the line:

private ComposerHelper $composer;

It says "unexpected t_string, expected t_function or t_const