Stop Duplicate Emails From Sending When Cron Queue/Publish Date on AND Admin Sends Manually

My idea is:
So I don’t know if this is a feature or a bug? The issue is I have clients that are not super techy and sometimes they will publish a newsletter with the publish up date in 15 minutes then proceed to use the manual send option. This causes duplicate emails to be sent. Isn’t there anyway to prevent this somehow?

I think the options to fix this are:

1. Prevent manual send when the system determines it will send via cron queue. (Easy probably)
  2. Put in some kind of duplication logic in handling the cron queue (harder)

Regarding Duplication Handling: I think I have done this before in other apps by tracking process ids during a send (if sending a batch) then checking out with a process id and then completing it when done. I am not sure the best technical approach to this but I think it CAN be done.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
Noobs that both schedule and manually send. Also noobs that manually send in one window and again in another thinking it will go quicker.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
Because all their subscribers wont unsubscribe because they got 3 of the same mailing.

Any code or resources to support this idea:
My best google kungfu:

https://www.google.com/search?q=message+queue+patters+avoid+duplicates&oq=message+queue+patters+avoid+duplicates&aqs=chrome..69i57.5677j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are you willing to work on this idea?:
Yeah sure for discussion only. Coding might be better for someone more experience in Mautic and queue systems.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?
Queuing patterns that help avoid duplicates…maybe check out how rabiitmq and beanstalk do it?

Let me know your thoughts?