I’m building a custom form that will create a contact in Mautic using APIs and I’m wondering what is the best way to do this?
Few considerations -
- User might still be anonymous; but cookied
- Known user might be on another device, so anonymous, cookied for now. But when he submits the form, he should be merged.
My Question -
Which API calls should be ideally used? Could I get some examples?
- Should new user be created? Or an existing anonymous user be updated, by tracking his ID from cookie?
- What if the user is already known, but is on another device? In this case, he will have a different ID in cookie.
- If user submits the form with same email address, will a duplicate contact be created in Mautic? (even if he submits the form using same email address)
I would appreciate some help from fellow developers.