Twillio and Mautic 4.0.1

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4.24
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Updating/Installing Errors
I am (delete as applicable): Clean installation Mautic 4.0.1
Upgrading/installing via (delete as applicable) :Command Line

These errors are showing in the installer : NO

These errors are showing in the Mautic log :
mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Trying to access array offset on value of type null - in file /var/www/html/m4/app/bundles/SmsBundle/Form/Type/SmsSendType.php -
at line 84 {“builder”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Form\FormBuilder: {})",“options”:{“block_name”:null,“disabled”:false,“label_format”:null,“label_translation_parameters”:,“attr_translation_parameters”:,
“translation_domain”:null,“auto_initialize”:true,“trim”:true,“required”:true,“property_path”:null,“mapped”:true,“by_reference”:true,“inherit_data”:false,“compound”:true,“method”:“POST”,“action”:"",
“post_max_size_message”:“The uploaded file was too large. Please try to upload a smaller file.”,“allow_file_upload”:false,“help_translation_parameters”:,“error_mapping”:,
“invalid_message”:“This value is not valid.”,“invalid_message_parameters”:,“allow_extra_fields”:false,“extra_fields_message”:“This form should not contain extra fields.”,
“csrf_protection”:true,“csrf_field_name”:"_token",“csrf_message”:“The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.”,
“csrf_token_manager”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Security\Csrf\CsrfTokenManager: {})",“csrf_token_id”:null,“block_prefix”:null,“label”:false,“row_attr”:,“attr”:,
“data”:null,“data_class”:null,“empty_data”:"[object] (Closure: {})",“error_bubbling”:true,“label_attr”:,“upload_max_size_message”:"[object] (Closure: {})",“help”:null,“help_attr”:,
“help_html”:false,“validation_groups”:null,“constraints”:,“update_select”:“campaignevent_properties_sms”},“windowUrl”:"/s/sms/new?contentOnly=1&updateSelect=campaignevent_properties_sms"}

Your problem
My problem is :
Installed the Twillio plugin.
Managed to send a test message using the Twillio number.
Then I changed in the Twillio plugin to Alpha number instead of phon number.
Then I was not able to send any message, changed back to telephone number but then I only manage to send one text message and then it break.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :
Tested create an sms message with both Marketing message and Text message for the campaign. Same issue with both.

Tested to deactivate grapejs, that did not help either.

Switched to 3.3.3 and it works like a charm, also with Alpha number.

Looks like the issue is that Mautic does not allow for sending more than 1 text message per day unless you change it specifically in the preferences on each contact.
No matter what settings you have in the twilio plugin.

That is why I did manage to get the first text message out and then the second one did not get sent.

So the bug is that the setting of number of messages per day, per user, is not read from the plugin.

This is specifically for Mautic 4.
On Mautic 3 it works.

I suspect this is related to the bug here:

The workaround is to update in your global settings the value for the default frequency, to something other than zero. So for example, set it to 10 per day or something - whatever works for your business.

Yeah, I also believe they are related. Though I did change the settings in the Email tab under configuration and it did not affect the Text message limitation.

In the standard plugin for Twilio, there are also general settings, and I changed this too but it did not have any effect.

Would you mind adding that as a comment on the GitHub issue? That would be really helpful for developers to know if you’ve set the global frequency to something higher (and the sends aren’t getting blocked by a user’s preference being lower than the number already sent).

It is already in the Github issue, posted as a reply.

In configuration / Email, I have set the number of Default Frequency Rule to 10 and this does not influence the number of text messages allowed to be sent per day either.

Or are you asking for something else?