Unable to get slots working in custom theme

Software Versions:
My Mautic version is: 4.0.0
My PHP version is: 8.0.10
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.4.7

Hi, I’m attempting to write a custom theme for my company, using the the official documentation, but when I go to export my theme and upload it to our production server, it doesn’t see any of the changes I’ve made to my theme.

I’m trying to add a table that has slots,

<table data-section-wrapper="1" class="es-right" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="right" style="mso-table-lspace:0pt;mso-table-rspace:0pt;border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0px;float:right">
    <tr style="border-collapse:collapse">
        <td class="es-m-p20b" align="left" style="padding:0;Margin:0;width:270px">
            <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" role="presentation" style="mso-table-lspace:0pt;mso-table-rspace:0pt;border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0px">
                <tr style="border-collapse:collapse">
                    <td data-section="1" class="es-m-txt-c" align="right" style="padding:0;Margin:0">
                        <div data-slot-container="1">
                            <div data-slot="text">
                                <singleline>
                                    <p style="Margin:0;-webkit-text-size-adjust:none;-ms-text-size-adjust:none;mso-line-height-rule:exactly;font-family:arial, 'helvetica neue', helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:21px;color:white;font-size:14px">
                                        <strong>
                                            <a target="_blank" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust:none;-ms-text-size-adjust:none;mso-line-height-rule:exactly;text-decoration:none;color:white;font-size:14px" href="{webview_url}">
                                                {webview_text}
                                            </a>
                                        </strong>
                                    </p>
                                </singleline>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

However, when I try clicking on the webview text, nothing happens. I suspect I’m doing something wrong which is causing this, however I’m not sure what that is!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Robert

Hi there!

We do not yet support PHP 8 - please downgrade to 7.4 or you are likely to get problems with your Mautic instance.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately our production server runs Arch Linux, which has already rolled out PHP 8 packages. I’ll work on getting a PHP7 docker container for mautic, so it can be updated independently from the rest of the system.

Though it seems to work fine so far, for what we’re using it for. And sends emails without issue.