Update contact updates other fields

In campaigns you can update a certain contact field, regular text fields other than the one you’re updating are not updated, but Boolean fields get updated based on their default setting. So if I have a boolean field, like send-sms, that may have a value of true, it gets set back to false, even when I don’t intend to update that field. Rather than displaying all fields in the update-contact screen for the campaign builder, it’ll probably work better to have a list of fields to be updated specifically – can be selected from a drop-down and added for a value. This should prevent any unintended data modification for the contact.

In campaigns you can update a certain contact field, regular text fields other than the one you’re updating are not updated, but Boolean fields get updated based on their default setting. So if I have a boolean field, like send-sms, that may have a value of true, it gets set back to false, even when I don’t intend to update that field. Rather than displaying all fields in the update-contact screen for the campaign builder, it’ll probably work better to have a list of fields to be updated specifically – can be selected from a drop-down and added for a value. This should prevent any unintended data modification for the contact.

1 Like

I have the same problem still! It messes up my opt-in-campaigns. Will have to replace all boolean fields. The implementation of updating contacting fields through campaigns has a high optimization potential.