Webhook doesn't identify the campaign, segment or tag

Hi,

I’m new to Mautic, creating my own instance to migrate from MailChimp. One of the process that I have in MailChimp is that every time a new subscriber is created (confirmed the double optin email), Mailchimp send me a message through a configured webhook.

I created a double optin in Mautic, following tips from here (forum), and it woks ok so far. I have some issues, but it is not the scope of this post.

The only webhook event option that makes sense for me is “Contact Updated Event”. I configured it, but I noticed that every new subscriber triggers multiple webhook calls, and all of them are almost the same, and there is no way for me to figure out where this subscriber is coming from, because there is no information about the campaign that triggered the update, segment or TAG. That means that Mautic won’t work for me as is, because I need to know when the subscriber is confirmed to create a new user in a wordpress website and few other things.

I am a developer, but with no experience in sympony, so I am not sure if I could achieve that with a plugin (bundle) extension. I mean, even if I figure out how to create the extension, I am not sure if I can get the information about what triggered the update (campaign, for example).

Any ideas on how I could accomplish that?

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi,

I’m new to Mautic, creating my own instance to migrate from MailChimp. One of the process that I have in MailChimp is that every time a new subscriber is created (confirmed the double optin email), Mailchimp send me a message through a configured webhook.

I created a double optin in Mautic, following tips from here (forum), and it woks ok so far. I have some issues, but it is not the scope of this post.

The only webhook event option that makes sense for me is “Contact Updated Event”. I configured it, but I noticed that every new subscriber triggers multiple webhook calls, and all of them are almost the same, and there is no way for me to figure out where this subscriber is coming from, because there is no information about the campaign that triggered the update, segment or TAG. That means that Mautic won’t work for me as is, because I need to know when the subscriber is confirmed to create a new user in a wordpress website and few other things.

I am a developer, but with no experience in sympony, so I am not sure if I could achieve that with a plugin (bundle) extension. I mean, even if I figure out how to create the extension, I am not sure if I can get the information about what triggered the update (campaign, for example).

Any ideas on how I could accomplish that?

Many thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob
I have the same problem. Maybe someone has a solution for it?
How can the membership of segments be sent to external systems via webhooks?

Many greetings
Fabian

You can do it in 2 steps:

1. mautic webhook → your system (store contact id)
  2. your system → Segment membership query (based on ID)

You can do this in simple PHP.

More info:
https://developer.mautic.org/#get-segment-memberships

You can also do this:

1. Create different segments based on the actions you want to do in your WP.
  2. Contacts get in the segment based on the filters you want to use.
  3. Segment starts a campaign as usual in Mautic.
  4. Campaign action is ‘Call Webhook’.
    In this webhook you can paste any data you want. You can even add static value to show which campaign it is.