Inbound Integration

Hi,

I’ve read through a few of the documents and looked at a couple of the integrations. Most of them seem to be outbound integrations - pushing mautic data out. Is there any documentation on writing inbound integration? My use case is I have a ticketing system where people can purchase tickets. If a person purchases a ticket I want them to drop out of certain campaigns (e.g. remove them from specific segments). The ticketing software has a webhook that sends out a json document. I would like to be able to parse the document - lookup the email and update the stage of the contact. Are there any examples of similar integrations?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rory

Hi,

I’ve read through a few of the documents and looked at a couple of the integrations. Most of them seem to be outbound integrations - pushing mautic data out. Is there any documentation on writing inbound integration? My use case is I have a ticketing system where people can purchase tickets. If a person purchases a ticket I want them to drop out of certain campaigns (e.g. remove them from specific segments). The ticketing software has a webhook that sends out a json document. I would like to be able to parse the document - lookup the email and update the stage of the contact. Are there any examples of similar integrations?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rory

For that, you really only need to put the Mautic tracking code on the final check out page, then have a campaign condition “If page visit” do “remove from campaign”

Hi manageit,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I dont have access to the payment page as it is a third party system. However I would like to do a more fine grained integration in case of scenarios such as the person decides not to go through with the order, or we do a refund.

Do you know how to implement inbound integration that could support this?

Thanks,
Rory

Does the third-party allow placing of Google Analytics code?

I am also looking to do this. We receive webhooks from our payment process and I would like to change a contacts segment based on their payment status/cancellation etc. Alot of these events do not have a coresponding browser load.

I was able to change a contacts segment using the REST API. Apparently the OAuth1 tokens wont expire unless explicity told too. I created tokens and have saved them for future use.

Confused why the documentation says " Currently, the only editable entity is leads and is the main purpose for the Mautic API. All other entities are read-only. "

https://developer.mautic.org/#rest-api

This post is years old, I know. But posting this for any future viewers.

Our resident genius, @joeyk built this solution and made a great tutorial.

Cheers,
EP