Website Tracking Showing Error

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.2.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: 10.5.15-MariaDB-1:10.5.15+maria~bionic

Your problem
When someone is visiting my website, the error log shows an error.

These errors are shown in the log:
[2022-04-30 07:30:38] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Undefined index: path - in file /var/www/html/mautic/app/bundles/CoreBundle/Controller/ExceptionController.php - at line 120 {“request”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request: GET //mtc.js HTTP/1.1\r\nAccept: /\r\nAccept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br\r\nAccept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9,hi-IN;q=0.8,hi;q=0.7,gu-IN;q=0.6,gu;q=0.5\r\nConnection: keep-alive\r\nCookie: mautic_device_id=9o4mhw9szya6qchfabef3h1; mtc_id=3; mtc_sid=9o4mhw9szya6qchfabef3h1; mautic_referer_id=3\r\nHost: indianhypnosis.in\r\nReferer: https://indianhypnosis.com/\r\nSec-Ch-Ua: " Not A;Brand";v=“99”, “Chromium”;v=“100”, “Google Chrome”;v=“100”\r\nSec-Ch-Ua-Mobile: ?1\r\nSec-Ch-Ua-Platform: “Android”\r\nSec-Fetch-Dest: script\r\nSec-Fetch-Mode: no-cors\r\nSec-Fetch-Site: cross-site\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 12; V2114) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Mobile Safari/537.36\r\nX-Php-Ob-Level: 1\r\nCookie: mautic_device_id=9o4mhw9szya6qchfabef3h1; mtc_id=3; mtc_sid=9o4mhw9szya6qchfabef3h1; mautic_referer_id=3\r\n\r\n)",“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FlattenException: {})",“logger”:null,“class”:“Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\NotFoundHttpException”,“currentContent”:"",“layout”:“Error”,“code”:404,“anonymous”:true,“baseTemplate”:“MauticCoreBundle:Default:slim.html.php”,“templatePage”:false,“template”:“MauticCoreBundle:Error:404.html.php”,“templating”:"[object] (Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Templating\DelegatingEngine: {})",“statusText”:“Not Found”,“url”:"//mtc.js",“urlParts”:{“host”:“mtc.js”}}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Nothing

It shows in the contact field like this:

In the event name, it does not show the website’s URL. But it is showing mautic’s URL. Can anyone help me to understand this problem and guide me to short out this problem with step by step process?

Thank you

Hi,

this happens when ct variable in tracking script cannot be decoded to array. Your email client is likely trimming these urls when reading an email and when you click on links as user the value of the link is not correct.

On one occasion I know we had issues with tags (it triggered email read - email open) inside email, maybe you have something like that in your email. One thing I also find to be helpful in some scenarios is minyfing the html of email message if you are using code mode while building an email.