Why are IP-only leads not anonymous?

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with my self-hosted version of Mautic (version 2.5.1, running on PHP 7.0.15): For some time now (a few weeks, if I remember correctly) the IP-only leads are not marked as anonymous anymore. That means, whenever some anonymous visitor views my website (I have the tracking script embedded in the source code, which seems to work fine) the visitors IP address is correctly noted and entered into the system: Viewing the contact’s page I see “Contact created”.

What seems weird, however, is that Mautic then also “identifies” the contact, i.e. the contact’s page shows “Contact identified”, without any identifying action being taken (entering a name, filling in a form or something like that). The problem with this is that all IP-only contacts now are not marked as anonymous and I can’t hide them anymore.

Is this a bug or some kind of misconfiguration on my part?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with my self-hosted version of Mautic (version 2.5.1, running on PHP 7.0.15): For some time now (a few weeks, if I remember correctly) the IP-only leads are not marked as anonymous anymore. That means, whenever some anonymous visitor views my website (I have the tracking script embedded in the source code, which seems to work fine) the visitors IP address is correctly noted and entered into the system: Viewing the contact’s page I see “Contact created”.

What seems weird, however, is that Mautic then also “identifies” the contact, i.e. the contact’s page shows “Contact identified”, without any identifying action being taken (entering a name, filling in a form or something like that). The problem with this is that all IP-only contacts now are not marked as anonymous and I can’t hide them anymore.

Is this a bug or some kind of misconfiguration on my part?

Thanks in advance!