Mautic Community Forums

Windows Installation Guide Step for Step

Hi,



Can somebody give picture aided step for step guide to install mautic on windows. I am very lost on how about to install it. The text guide is too general I’m sorry. Can somebody make a video or something. Really all the things from a fresh windows server installation to sending a newsletter. I think after installation everything is same.



It’s very shameful, that there is still no guide on installing windows as video or something. The text install guide is nothing and to general and hard to find all point and how to use which editor and whatever. I really can’t figure it out.



Really support for windows on open source like phplist and so on is very big…hopelessness.



And if somebody makes this I can translate the rest of the software to German. Is that a deal or not?

Hi,

Can somebody give picture aided step for step guide to install mautic on windows. I am very lost on how about to install it. The text guide is too general I’m sorry. Can somebody make a video or something. Really all the things from a fresh windows server installation to sending a newsletter. I think after installation everything is same.

It’s very shameful, that there is still no guide on installing windows as video or something. The text install guide is nothing and to general and hard to find all point and how to use which editor and whatever. I really can’t figure it out.

Really support for windows on open source like phplist and so on is very big…hopelessness.

And if somebody makes this I can translate the rest of the software to German. Is that a deal or not?

Still no support for windows???

Great support. Really…

@thebyom is not about support 95% of us use Linux for self hosted Mautic.

So you won’t support Windows or 1und1.de support???

You are in the Mautic Community page this is the open source solutions and is base in the people like me that share there time to help others. And as i said 95% of the community used linux if the other 5% that use Windows if they don’t join your post is hard to get answer to your question

Ok, this is something, that I understand. Forget about windows versus linux clash.

Just tell how to do this (which should be done on linux as well):

1.)If I create a db on my hoster, which offers me to create me unlimted dbs., will that work or I’ve to create the dbs on the operating systems db creating client?

2.) If I create the db and copy mautic into my website subfolder, is that secure, can everybody enter the admin page?

3.) How do the db’s get processed, do I need to set up windows server mysql or will the hoster process the db’s, because the hoster let’s you create your db, or must there be mysql client of the OS (be it linux or windows), which needs to run in background. If I know this, than I can create a db very easily. But I need to know, how the emails get sent, if I close the browser. I need to send the same webpage every week to my list, so is that possible, if I create a db on my hoster and copy the mautic folder (of course rightly configured) to my websites subfolder.

4.) BONUS QUESTION: Can I avoid Iframing in my newsletter and mautic can be configured to take my website content to my newsletter every week?

  1. Yes you can use a databse in an externanal location (sample your Mautic is install on 192.155.155.20 and your database server is 193.255.25.14)

  2. The database is not drag and paste, is not working like this check step 1

  3. The database is processed by the database server MariaDB, MySQL etc you can host the database in another server like i explan in step 1 the only thing you need to consider is the location of the server Mautic server and Db Server try to make sure are close to each other what i mean make sure the server are in the same region.
    If you are in Germany make sure the other server is close to Germany.

  4. RSS to Email is not build yet but you can complish this using Zapier or Mailchimp + Mautic.