3 vulnerabilities in Joomla - Error message from my Cpanel

Hi everybody.

Dont know much about Joomla - I in general use Wordpress, but today i recieved this message about subject.

The warning reffered to …/mautic/vendor/joomla/filter/src/inputFilter.php

And when I saw inside Patchman (some kind of a control software inside the Cpanel packages) this text came up:

3 vulnerabilities in Joomla

Multiple vulnerabilities were found in this file:

[Joomla] [20170404] - Core - XSS Vulnerability

In Joomla! 1.5.0 through 3.6.5 (fixed in 3.7.0), inadequate filtering of specific HTML attributes leads to XSS vulnerabilities in various components.

This is a vulnerability of the type XSS. Cross-site scripting (XSS) enables attackers to inject client-side scripts into web pages viewed by other users.

[Joomla] [20170703] Inadequate filtering of multibyte characters lead to XSS vulnerabilities in various components

Part of release 3.7.3

This is a vulnerability of the type XSS. Cross-site scripting (XSS) enables attackers to inject client-side scripts into web pages viewed by other users.

[Joomla] [20170705] - Core - Inadequate filtering of HTML tags could lead to XSS vulnerabilities

Inadequate filtering of potentially malicious HTML tags lead to XSS vulnerabilities in various components.

So to those of you who knows alot more about this stuff than I do - know you know.

What I did ... I blocked the file - and dont know what that will effect, but I hope nothing.

Best regards

Jacob

Hi everybody.

Dont know much about Joomla - I in general use Wordpress, but today i recieved this message about subject.

The warning reffered to …/mautic/vendor/joomla/filter/src/inputFilter.php

And when I saw inside Patchman (some kind of a control software inside the Cpanel packages) this text came up:

3 vulnerabilities in Joomla
Multiple vulnerabilities were found in this file:

[Joomla] [20170404] - Core - XSS Vulnerability

In Joomla! 1.5.0 through 3.6.5 (fixed in 3.7.0), inadequate filtering of specific HTML attributes leads to XSS vulnerabilities in various components.

[Joomla] [20170703] Inadequate filtering of multibyte characters lead to XSS vulnerabilities in various components

Part of release 3.7.3

[Joomla] [20170705] - Core - Inadequate filtering of HTML tags could lead to XSS vulnerabilities

Inadequate filtering of potentially malicious HTML tags lead to XSS vulnerabilities in various components.

So to those of you who knows alot more about this stuff than I do - know you know.

What I did … I blocked the file - and dont know what that will effect, but I hope nothing.

Best regards

Jacob