500 Error after clearing Cache

I have recently uploaded a new email template for a custom template set that I have created. The new email template was not updating when I created a new email for a campaign so I cleared the app/cache on the server via the instructions that is posted on your GitHub “php app/console cache:clear --env=prod”. I cleared the cache and it resulted in a Success message but now when I try to access my dashboard it results in a 500 error. I have checked the app/logs folder for an error but there are no files in there. Where can I look to see what the error is?

I have recently uploaded a new email template for a custom template set that I have created. The new email template was not updating when I created a new email for a campaign so I cleared the app/cache on the server via the instructions that is posted on your GitHub “php app/console cache:clear --env=prod”. I cleared the cache and it resulted in a Success message but now when I try to access my dashboard it results in a 500 error. I have checked the app/logs folder for an error but there are no files in there. Where can I look to see what the error is?

I actually fixed the problem after some more digging. I will post what I did to fix my problem.

1. Looked at the Mautic Troubleshooting Page found here and ran the update schema fix http://[my_mautic_domain_name]/s/update/schema and then I could see the log.
  2. After reviewing the log it was a permissions issue that caused the problem and I ran the command chown -R www-data:www-data [path_to_mautic] and my Mautic instance was back online.

Thanks. I had this problem and has been solved with the instruction below.