500 Error When Trying to Edit Existing Focus Items + 2 more issues

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.3
My PHP version is: 7.3
My Database type and version is: Mariadb 10.4

Your problem
My problem is: I seem to have several issues on my Mautic installation:

1: I can’t edit any existing focus items in builder - I get a 500 error - but I can create new ones.
2: My existing campaigns will not send me email sequence.
3: I also can’t update my current version of Mautic.

These errors are showing in the log:

[2020-11-25 09:50:44] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Issuer certificate is invalid.” at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php line 185 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Issuer certificate is invalid. at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php:185)"}
[2020-11-24 23:00:02] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-24 23:00:02] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-25 10:07:59] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Issuer certificate is invalid.” at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php line 185 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Issuer certificate is invalid. at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php:185)"}
[2020-11-24 23:10:16] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-24 23:20:02] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-24 23:30:01] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-25 10:38:15] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Issuer certificate is invalid.” at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php line 185 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Issuer certificate is invalid. at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php:185)"}
[2020-11-25 10:39:18] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting Mautic\EmailBundle\Swiftmailer\Transport\AmazonTransport << 220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-d-UHTFVJHE7 84Qkgw4Rd9RpxSJXiGT9 >> EHLO www.mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com << 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> STARTTLS << 220 Ready to start TLS >> EHLO www.mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com << 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> QUtJQTRVSVRJMkFZVDczSjNWRzM= << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> QkxHWHNrTDlPS243d0dPRHNkZ2ZTUzYrOERWektJbnltVGw1M3lMRmx1NjQ= << 235 Authentication successful. ++ Mautic\EmailBundle\Swiftmailer\Transport\AmazonTransport started >> MAIL FROM:mckinlayjay@hotmail.com << 250 Ok >> RCPT TO:mckinlayjay@hotmail.com << 250 Ok >> DATA << 354 End data with . >> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com " (code: 554) (send); mckinlayjay@hotmail.com {“exception”:”[object] (Swift_TransportException(code: 554): Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com\r\n”\nLog data:\n++ Starting Mautic\EmailBundle\Swiftmailer\Transport\AmazonTransport\n<< 220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-d-UHTFVJHE7 84Qkgw4Rd9RpxSJXiGT9\r\n\n>> EHLO www.mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com\r\n\n<< 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com\r\n250-8BITMIME\r\n250-STARTTLS\r\n250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN\r\n250 Ok\r\n\n>> STARTTLS\r\n\n<< 220 Ready to start TLS\r\n\n>> EHLO www.mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com\r\n\n<< 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com\r\n250-8BITMIME\r\n250-STARTTLS\r\n250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN\r\n250 Ok\r\n\n>> AUTH LOGIN\r\n\n<< 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6\r\n\n>> QUtJQTRVSVRJMkFZVDczSjNWRzM=\r\n\n<< 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6\r\n\n>> QkxHWHNrTDlPS243d0dPRHNkZ2ZTUzYrOERWektJbnltVGw1M3lMRmx1NjQ=\r\n\n<< 235 Authentication successful.\r\n\n++ Mautic\EmailBundle\Swiftmailer\Transport\AmazonTransport started\n>> MAIL FROM:mckinlayjay@hotmail.com\r\n\n<< 250 Ok\r\n\n>> RCPT TO:mckinlayjay@hotmail.com\r\n\n<< 250 Ok\r\n\n>> DATA\r\n\n<< 354 End data with .\r\n\n>> \r\n.\r\n\n<< 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com\r\n\n!! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: mckinlayjay@hotmail.com, Jayden Mckinlay mckinlayjay@hotmail.com\r\n” (code: 554) at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Plugins/LoggerPlugin.php:140)”}
[2020-11-24 23:40:02] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-24 23:50:02] mautic.ERROR: CAMPAIGN: An exception occurred while executing ‘REPLACE INTO mauaf_campaign_lead_event_failed_log( log_id, date_added, reason) SELECT id, :dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_log WHERE is_scheduled = 1 AND lead_id = :contactId AND campaign_id = :campaignId AND rotation = :rotation’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘:dateAdded as date_added, :message as reason from mauaf_campaign_lead_event_l…’ at line 2
[2020-11-25 10:54:58] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Issuer certificate is invalid.” at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php line 185 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Issuer certificate is invalid. at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php:185)"}
[2020-11-25 10:58:29] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Issuer certificate is invalid.” at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php line 185 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Issuer certificate is invalid. at /home/thetrave1/domains/mail.thetravellinghousesitters.com/public_html/vendor/joomla/http/src/Transport/Curl.php:185)"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Tried to update Mautic (failed), cleared Mautic cache, updated schema

Hi,

1. Focus item error is happening because you filled out the website preview field. Remove that entry from the db and you will be okay
  2. Campaign emails: are the email/segment/campaign published? Did you set the cronjobs properly?
  3. Please do upgrade only with the command line. There are a bunch of tutorials about it.

Good luck!