Adding first name field to a form?

I am new to Mautic, and I am trying to follow available documentation and examples to create a simple User Signup Form where I capture First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.

When I create a new form, I am presented with creating either a New Campaign Form, or a New Standalone Form. I have tried both.

When I attempt to Add a Field, I do not find First Name, or Last Name in the drop down of available fields to add.

I have read in other information online that I need to add a Create New Lead action, but that is not available in the list of available actions.

I am sure I am just completely missing something obvious, but after searching for the answer in a tutorial or in existing documentation I am still at a loss as to how to create a simple User Signup Form where I capture First Name, Last Name, and Email.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, those are actually good questions.

When you want to create a form field, you firstly have to select its type. If you’ll store there number, email, text, long text (textarea), if you want to let users choose from predefined options (radio, select). Then it will let you name the field. So you can call it First Name for example. In the second tab of the field edit modal box, you can connect the form field value with a lead field value. So you can say to Mautic that if some lead submits the form with the field you called First Name, so it will store that value also to the lead’s First Name field.

It’s kinda complicated, but it allows advanced options how to configure different scenarios.

The Create New Lead action had been removed in some previous versions. Mautic does that automatically now. But don’t forget to connect form fields with lead fields.

If you could find where is written that old information and possibly change it, it’d save some confusion for others.

I am new to Mautic, and I am trying to follow available documentation and examples to create a simple User Signup Form where I capture First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.

When I create a new form, I am presented with creating either a New Campaign Form, or a New Standalone Form. I have tried both.

When I attempt to Add a Field, I do not find First Name, or Last Name in the drop down of available fields to add.

I have read in other information online that I need to add a Create New Lead action, but that is not available in the list of available actions.

I am sure I am just completely missing something obvious, but after searching for the answer in a tutorial or in existing documentation I am still at a loss as to how to create a simple User Signup Form where I capture First Name, Last Name, and Email.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.