Adding Unsubscribe & Address at Footer

Here are 2 requests:

1. Adding an Unsubscribe button schema on email header, this is mostly detected in Gmail, also this enables the email receiver to Unsubscribe easily, rather than marking the email as spam. [ To be on Safe Side ].

Something like this:

gCUPMgC.png

2. Adding another Unsubscribe link [optional] and physical address of sender at footer of Email templates automatically

Although physical address can be added manually to the footer of Email templates while editing the email. But, having option where the address should be automatically added at footer of each email template, then it will make it quit easy to follow the standards of email marketing.

Do let me know how these ideas sound?

Adding my inputs on making email communication better. :)

Here are 2 requests:

1. Adding an Unsubscribe button schema on email header, this is mostly detected in Gmail, also this enables the email receiver to Unsubscribe easily, rather than marking the email as spam. [ To be on Safe Side ].
    Something like this:

2. Adding another Unsubscribe link [optional] and physical address of sender at footer of Email templates automatically

Although physical address can be added manually to the footer of Email templates while editing the email. But, having option where the address should be automatically added at footer of each email template, then it will make it quit easy to follow the standards of email marketing.

Do let me know how these ideas sound?
Adding my inputs on making email communication better. :slight_smile:

These are great ideas and pretty easy to do I think. Do you have any resources on how gmail wants this added? We’ll take a look!

These are good ideas. Hope they can be implemented…

Chad, you got me. Let me do more research on this.

This article may help: http://blog.mailermailer.com/industry-news/the-new-gmail-unsubscribe-option-what-email-marketers-need-to-know

I’ve added a feature request for this:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/499

Wbuist - thanks so much for that article - very helpful!

Thank you so much Chad for the update.

The CAN-Spam Act requires that “A legitimate physical address of the publisher and/or advertiser is present” in all commercial emails. Most 3rd-party email services require you to enter physical address in a form; the address is then automatically added to the footer of every email.

Although, as ankitpr89 pointed out, you can manually add the address at the end of each email, this is not really a satisfactory solution, because there are (theoretically) legal implications if you forget.

My suggestion would be to add a Sender Address field to the config page, and ideally show an error message if you save an email without filling in the field.

Something else which could be considered is a way to add custom variables. An obvious example is for signatures - it shouldn’t be necessary to copy/paste your signature (Name, Company, Phone Number etc) into every email; a field name, selectable from a drop-down, would be better, e.g. {customfield=signature}.

http://www.list-unsubscribe.com/