Allow users to choose how the form value is saved on the contact

My idea is: Allow to update, add or subtract contact values

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: all users

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
As a user I would like to offer more control over what happens with the values a contact adds to the form when they are saved on the contact.

Currently, the Mautic form always overwrites the previous answer given on the contact/company when the form is submitted.

I would like to add the option so select what happens with the existing value:

1. Replace the current value (default and current solution)
  2. Add to the existing value(s)
  3. Remove the value if it already exists

Use Case 1: Reduce the options a user has when one value was submitted for e.g. compliance surveys where the contact has to submit the form once for each value that is in the list.

Use Case 2: Add multiple answers over time and in the end all values where an answer was submitted for are saved on the contact. Vs. each answer overwrites the previous.

Use Case 3: The lead scoring is updated based on the contacts answer. So we add or subtract points As a user I would like to offer more control over what happens with the values a contact adds to the form when they are saved on the contact.

Currently, the Mautic form always overwrites the previous answer given on the contact/company when the form is submitted.

I would like to add the option so select what happens with the existing value:

1. Replace the current value (default and current solution)
  2. Add to the existing value(s)
  3. Remove the value if it already exists

Use Case 1: Reduce the options a user has when one value was submitted for e.g. compliance surveys where the contact has to submit the form once for each value that is in the list.

Use Case 2: Add multiple answers over time and in the end all values where an answer was submitted for are saved on the contact. Vs. each answer overwrites the previous.

Use Case 3: The lead scoring is updated based on the contact’s answer. So we add or subtract points based on a form answer.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: yes

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?: go from the community

I would love to see this!