Amazon ses api error

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: 10.4.24-MariaDB

Your problem
My problem is:
The Amazon SES via SMTP is working fine. However, the Amazon SES API is generating this error when I test the connection:

The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.

The error log:
mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/.aws/config) is not within the allowed path(s): (my mautic install) /vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/Retry/ConfigurationProvider.php - at line 158 {“profile”:“default”,“filename”:"/.aws/config"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I have generated new credentials (didn’t work). Bit at a loss here, there is also not very much documentation on similar problems (at least haven’t found it). Any ideas would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Piet

Hi, just make sure all of your files are readable to the web user. This looks like a file permission error.

I haven’t changed anything in file reading permissions, standard off the peg mautic install. What baffles me is that the Amazon SMTP works well, and this doesn’t…My search continues :wink:

For me it seems, that your AWS SDK files are not installed or not accessable somehow. SMTP will use different files, that’swhy it works.
Do you have anything in vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src ?

The “vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src” folder is full of folders and files (it’s a fresh install and haven’t meddled with it). I am on shared hosting and the error:“open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/.aws/config)” path is apparently not within my account … it should probably be something like home/mydomain/.aws/config (at least that’s what the support team of my hosting is telling me).

Any ideas where I should configure this?
If I’m barking up the wrong tree please tell…this is not my normal cup of tea :wink:

Kind regards,

Piet

I can’t solve your problem, but I can give you an advise.
Mautic will cause different issues if you are hosting on a shared server.
Even if you initially get it to work, sooner or later you’ll face problems.
Better move to a small VPS. A 5 dollar VPS will do for a small install.
Joey