Configuring AWS SES in Mautic 5.1

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.1
My PHP version is: 8.2.20
My Database type and version is: AWS RDS MariaDB 10.6.18

Your problem
My problem is:
When I try to configure AWS SES in Email Settings, there doesn’t appear top be anywhere to specify the authentication, nor encryption. AWS SES requires LOGIN and TLS respectively.

These errors are showing in the log:

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "ses-smtp-user.20240711-105858" using the following authenticators: "LOGIN", "PLAIN". Authenticator "LOGIN" returned "Expected response code "235" but got code "535", with message "535 Authentication Credentials Invalid".". Authenticator "PLAIN" returned "Expected response code "235" but got code "535", with message "535 Authentication Credentials Invalid".".

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I have used Google to search for a solution, but the only solution I can find is this plugin on git:
https://github.com/pabloveintimilla/mautic-amazon-ses and it appears that I need to have installed Mautic with composer, rather than from the zip file.
I am waiting for a response to the issue I have raised around this topic on GitHub.

I guess I’m having the same problem. Trying to find a complete step by step guide to use Amazon SES in Mautic 5 without much sucess.

Ahh… I see that you are following that thread. :blush:

The credentials you are using are wrong. “ses-smtp-user.20240711-105858” is not the username you need to use.

In SES → SMTP settings → Either Manage or Create SMTP Credentials. That should bring you to the user settings. There click on your username (“ses-smtp-user.20240711-105858”) and there security credentials. Then create an Access Key. That’s the credentials you need to use for SES in Mautic.

Also here could still be this nasty bug about certain passwords not working: