Amazon SES & Postfix Throttling 70 emails per second

I have Amazon SES set up with Postfix, which I’m using as a custom SMTP server with Mautic.

How do I make sure that Mautic doesn’t go over the 70 emails per second limit that I have for my Amazon SES account?

I have Amazon SES set up with Postfix, which I’m using as a custom SMTP server with Mautic.

How do I make sure that Mautic doesn’t go over the 70 emails per second limit that I have for my Amazon SES account?

This is an old thread but have you found something, my SES limit is at 17 per second.
Thanks

Hi

You can do this with email settings and cronjobs, just not sure this can work on seconds, but you could limit it to minutes.

So first you would go to Configuration->Email Settings, then change "How should email be handled? " to “Queued” and then under “Message limit for queue processing”, now you could change this to 1,020 (i.e 17 * 60) and then set up your cron to send mails every minute…
*/1 * * * * sudo php /var/www/mautic_directory/app/console mautic:emails:send

*/1 * * * * sudo php /var/www/mautic_directory/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send

this will allow throttling of 1,020 mails per minute. Now I am not sure how much mautic will pass per second.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Is there any issue when Mautic would want to send faster than Amazon SES allows? Wouldn’t it just slow down the sending process of Mautic? I doubt it would throw away further attempts…