Anonymous Leads by Cookie instead of IP

I am aware that most people want anonymous leads to be split by IP to avoid clutter.

But for my specific scenario, due to large number of people sharing IP addresses, I need it to be split on a browser cookie level.

Is it possible to do currently?

It would be good if there is a setting/flag to change the classification of Anonymous Leads by either IP or Cookie.

I am a PHP programmer and I don’t mind developing this feature.

Would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction to do this and the difficulties that I may encounter.

If I succeed, I will gladly submit the code back to be incorporated into the main branch

I am aware that most people want anonymous leads to be split by IP to avoid clutter.
But for my specific scenario, due to large number of people sharing IP addresses, I need it to be split on a browser cookie level.

Is it possible to do currently?
It would be good if there is a setting/flag to change the classification of Anonymous Leads by either IP or Cookie.
I am a PHP programmer and I don’t mind developing this feature.
Would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction to do this and the difficulties that I may encounter.

If I succeed, I will gladly submit the code back to be incorporated into the main branch

There has been a discussion about this topic few times already. It’d be great if you could make this configurable. Take a look at the hitPage method: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/staging/app/bundles/PageBundle/Model/PageModel.php#L337

Thanks for the reply. I will try to get it to work.

Dear all,

@hiew : I am also interested in such a feature. Were you able to implement it ?
@escopecz : Is there any plan to have a feature in a future release ?

Thank yall.

Regards