Anti-spam Form Field Validation

Hi all,

We have an issue where a spam bot is targetting one of our forms, the honeypot method does not work (the bot does not fill in the field). The common element to all of the submissions is that the First Name always begins with a particular number, then it is just a series of characters. The one thing I have thought would be a quick and dirty solution is to validate the form to not accept numbers or only accept letters, I am unsure how to go about this though. Any pointers? I do not want to use a recaptcha. I have searched for this issue and have not quite found a right solution, so maybe others have this issue.

Thanks

@cparx how you integrate form in your website ?

HTML or Java Code?

Have you try the captcha field?

Did you find a solution - we have a similar issue - we suspect that the spam email is being completed on the Mautic hosted site form rather than our website which has an up-to-know successful anti-spam feature. Other forms not posting to Mautic are not receiving spam entries so we are confident that the anti-spam is working.

Effectively we need to hide the Mautic hosted form, but still be able to post to it - any ideas/suggestions?

I’m also struggling with this.
I setup a honeypot form field and for a while it was working, but in the last month ive seen hundreds of new spammy emails, and location of the emails is logged as being from Russia.

I also enabled the “has valid email” inside my campaign and that didnt solve it either.

I also tried renaming the honeypot field to a random name, that also did not work.

Hi there,
hoping you managed to solve the issue in the meantime, I’m looking into it and suggest you to try this GitHub - KonstantinCodes/mautic-recaptcha: This Plugin brings reCAPTCHA integration to mautic.