Form captcha implementation

Hi,

I would like to implement a third party captcha to form instead of using the default captcha question field provided by mautic. Any suggestion on this and how to implement?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would like to implement a third party captcha to form instead of using the default captcha question field provided by mautic. Any suggestion on this and how to implement?

Thanks in advance.

Cool. Take a look at the developer docs: https://developer.mautic.org/#plugins

Btw, do you have some troubles with spammers? I’ve seen a few Google Recaptcha requests, but no form spam troubles. Usually they needed it only because their clients wanted the recaptcha field. It is harder for spam bots to discover Mautic forms since they are loaded to the website asynchronously. So what’s the reason to implement it for you?

We did experienced spamming attack previously with our wordpress form. Recently we had just replaced our form with the one generated in mautic approx. a week ago. Thus far there is no spamming detected. But still my boss want the captcha to be there in order to prevent spamming to recur.

Haha, thanks for the reply. It’d be awesome if you’ll be able to implement the recaptcha field. All bosses around the globe would sleep better then :slight_smile:

was this ever implemented (mautic form captcha, reCaptcha, etc) to where users can just make it an option?

Just this native captcha is not effective against bots, and why?
Just give yourself a space in the verification field and submit the form, and the email and name put by the bot will appear in your contact list, even though it appears that the captcha does not seem to be allowed to move forward!
Are there any solutions to this ???

My solution was to create a Custom Field - type Email.
Add the field as not required in a Mautic form. Add [style=“display:none!important”] to the container attributes.
I changed the labels/placeholder etc. to say Phone. This may not do anything, but some bots are smart so I figured they’d then put numbers in.
If anything except an email is put in, the form won’t submit. If it’s blank, the form submits fine.
My forms went from 10 spam a day to zero.
Hope it helps someone.

There is a very helpful blog post about the so-called honeypot method: https://www.mautic.org/community-blog/eliminate-spambots-using-the-honeypot-method/

This just as an addition - @digitalsmithy, your approach is amost exactly the same.

Which technology are you using to design your website? If you use WordPress you can use the Contact Form 7 plugin with Mautic and use the captcha or recaptcha (even invisible recaptcha)