hCaptcha and integrations

My idea is:

Make Captcha and honeypot native to Mautic especially hCaptcha. And include better integrations with other form software.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:

Everyone using Mautic especially Wordpress website owners.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:

Captcha is a necessity to prevent spam yet Mautic only has 1 plugin for recaptcha done by KonstantinCodes. For commercial form companies, they include spam prevention under paid tiers (which is fine) but many open source form software do not even have the feature. It’s bewildering that forms do not include captchas and honeypots as standard software features nowadays. What’s the point of having millions of functions on your form/marketing software when everything will be destroyed by a single spam bot overnight?

Look at this video by Automate This! He explained how spam bots can make use of ‘First’ and ‘Last’ name fields to hijack your email marketing system to help them promote their links. If this happens, what’s the point of Mautic’s multitude of functions of which NONE help to stop the spam bot actions?

Some may say there’s a recaptcha plugin but not everyone wants to share their data with Google. And more people are turning to hCaptcha for spam bot prevention while not handing over data to Google.

I was also thinking of using WP forms (which provides both Recaptcha and hCaptcha for free) as the front end while using Mautic as backend. But I need to add another plugin into Wordpress to integrate WP forms with Mautic, which may add more burden to my website and slow it down. This is another bewildering part of Mautic: if Mautic is not going to provide native spam bot protection, why is it also not providing easier integration with 3rd party forms? You have to spend more money to use 3rd-party integration services like Zapier or 3rd-party plugins like WP Fusion and waste more resources engaging these services.

Any code or resources to support this idea:

None.

Are you willing to work on this idea?:

Not a coder.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?
None.

1 Like