Any updates on V4 general release? Clarification in the docs?

I totally understand that covid has ground the world to a halt. I also see that the general release date for v4 was back on 24th May 2021.

Is there any update on how v4 is coming along?

I’m trying to work with the new email builder which in 3.3.3 is still considered in beta. The old builder is really frustrating to work with and building more creative email designs is super difficult. Especially with images.

Not sure if it’s fully functional in its current state or not to push this to a production server.

I also seem to have come to a roadblock as the documentation regarding the new builder is missing some crucial information on the new builder page.

To use your existing templates with the new Email builder, you will need to add one line to your configuration file in the template folder:

“builder”: [“grapesjsbuilder”],

I cannot find a templates folder in my install of 3.3.3 nor does the documentation say which file (by name) or where in the file the presented code should be added.

It is not Covid. It’s the problem, that many people ask, few people do. I was one of them not so long time ago, asking when finally SES will be properly integrated. Then I realized, that someone actually have to code it.

It is the same with the GrapesJs Builder.

This person has to understand Symfony 4 + Javascript very well. Also have to understand how Mautic works. It is not bad if this person understands how email templates are put together and MJML translated into HTML. Also speak English well.
And volunteer to work for free.

People will skills like this are not abundant, and the project goes really slow. We even throw in some money to speed it up. The community would like to see updates asap.

We understand the builder has many glitches. There is a huge list of bugs in the github repo, many of them fixed, many of them waiting to be fixed. Many of them ready to be tested. Also by people like you.

Resources:

Regarding docs: I was writing a bunch of updates the doc, and I’m sorry there are some areas I need to cover better, so my changes are not merged yet. Once they are merged the builder will make sence.

If you’d like to create a new template, you should download a template of your choice (Gear Icon - Themes - Download Theme) Change the files, and load them back.

The templates folder is at /yourmauticinstall/themes

Oh and I don’t mean this in a bad way, just sharing info how I see the developments are going. Btw: it is 10x faster then it was 2 years ago. And I’m not saying ‘You need it, you fix yourself’, just really giving the reason why something is ‘scheduled’ and why it is ‘delayed’.

Joey

1 Like

Hey Joey,

If I had any skills in coding I would volunteer to help out. I guess hanging around the Blender community has spoiled me for speed of development. Mind you they have some pretty extensive investment from some big players. Hopefully Acquia is making some investments towards the development of Mautic.

I used to work in support at Eloqua. Not sure if you know what that is but it wa one of the first marketing automation platforms out there. The fact that Mautic can do what Eloqua does and not cost what Eloqua does is beyond belief. I am truly blown away with its feature set.

The only thing currently lacking is the UI and how things are achieved. The email editor being one of them.

Thank you for your efforts working on this project. I hope I didn’t come across as demanding or petulant. I happened across the development timeline, saw how behind the releases were and couldn’t find any update on how things are coming along. I suppose an update is also work that needs someone to do too lol.

I figured out the config file in the templates folder eventually. I have about 50 templates so that’s going to take a while to get them all available to the editor.

If you know, using the new editor, can we just paste MJML into a blank email and start editing?

Thanks again,

A.